newbie with goldfever

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
I'm a newbie as far as panning is concerned and I have a question....be kind. I have been looking at a gpaa magazine and noticed a lot of ads for concentrates. The question is has anyone tried them and is it worth it? Not a lot of gold in Texas and I'm not able at this time to get to some of the pay to pan places, thought this might be a way to get my feet wet and learn to pan, with a possibility of something to show for it. Opinions, please....goat

Upvote 0
OK, FOLKS.
I GOTTA MAKE TWO POINTS BEFORE I GET SIGNED OUT...
#1. DON'T TOSS OUT YOUR USED UP/CLEANED OUT CONCENTRATES!! YOU WILL GET BETTER WITH PRACTICE, AND WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE MASTERED CLEAN-UP. SAVE THEM SOME MORE. PUT THEM IN THE GARAGE OR BASEMENT AND FORGET THAT YOU HAVE THEM.
YOU WILL FIND THAT AFTER A YEAR OR TWO, THAT THERE IS NEW INFO AVAILABLE, OR OLD INFO THAT YOU JUST LEARNED. THEN TAKE THEM OUT AGAIN AND SEE WHAT YOU MISSED.
THIS HAS BEEN PROVEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN BY FOLKS THAT HIT THEMSELVES IN THE HEAD WHILE STATING "WHAT WAS I THINKING!" YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE.

#2 I MEMORIZED THIS YEARS AGO SO FORGIVE ANY ERRORS.

"THE GREATEST THREATS TO LIBERTY LURK IN INSIDIOUS ENCROACHMENTS, BY MEN OF ZEAL,
WELL MEANING, BUT WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING."

THIS IS CARVED INTO THE WALL IN THE SUPREME COURT ROOM OF THE UNITED STATES OF (OUR) AMERICA. (I THINK MY MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECTLY ON THIS, AND I HOPE THAT I HAVE NOT MIS-REMEMBERED ANY PART OF IT. I JUST DON'T TRUST MY MEMORY.)

I DON'T TRUST THESE MEN OF ZEAL EITHER, BECAUSE I DO NOT THINK THAT THEY ARE ALL
"WELL MEANING."

CHECK OUT THE FOLKS THAT ASK YOU TO VOTE FOR THEM THE SAME WAY YOU WOULD CHECK OUT SOME GUY WEARING A HOODED SWEATSHIRT IN THE MIDDLE OF JULY, STANDIN' AT THE EDGE OF YOUR CLAIM.

BE SAFE AND HAPPY HUNTING OUT THERE.
:coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

i agree 100% with 63BKPR! but to save some money, just buy the gold outright! forget about buying salted bags, and they are all salted. then make your own individually suited to your needs. and like was said in a past post. save all the cons when done with them and redo them sometime later, like in the winter time. youll be suprised on how much you missed.

Here's a pic of the results of a bag of paydirt I purchased ($20 or $25) at the Blue Bucket Mine booth at the Salem, OR Gold Show about ten years back. The bottle is 1 1/8" long from the top of cap to bottom of bottle. Blue Bucket isn't operating as a you dig anymore.

Gramps

Attachments

• more gold 002.JPG
    more gold 002.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 229

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back