Newbie Question.. Help please. Coinmaster, Discovery 3300

Freeead

Aug 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll cut to the chase. this isn't a one vs. the other discussion, moreover, helping me by getting input via discussion on which model to buy.

I found two used but new devices. I want to buy one of them today (8-12-13) or tomorrow (8-13).

1. Bounty Hunder Coinmaster Pro $200 (w/headphones)
2. Discovery 3300 $175

Both are similar condition for a used unit (like new, box, etc).

Left to you, what would you buy and why?

I live in Michigan and would like to own a decent MD for goofing around the yard, camping, etc...

thanks!

I assume that you meant the whites coinmaster pro vs the bounty hunter 3300, because I don't think that Bounty Hunter makes a Coinmaster pro. Anyways, both machines are good units for the beginner, however, the 3300 has TID numbers and 4 tone audio ID. The coinmaster pro does not. As the owner of a Fisher F2 (I HIGHLY suggest that you look at it as well) I can tell you that audio ID is extremely helpful in picking out targets in trashy areas. When you heard that slamming high tone, it's just bound to get your attention quickly. In addition, some people have reported build quality issues with the coinmaster pro, so I would assume that out of the two, the 3300 is a more solidly built unit. However, like I stated earlier, Inwould definitely look for a used Fisher F2 as well. They are super lightweight, built very well, have super fast recovery speed, and offer numerical and audio ID. You can probably find a used one on Craigslist or eBay for around $100.
HH!
C4C

The Teknetics Eurotek Pro would also be a great choice. It was recently released by teknetics and it' supposed to be like an upgraded Fisher F2.

I had Whites Coinmaster Pro & there is no way I would recommend one. Like crazy said, you can get a brand new Fisher F2 or Tek Eurotek Pro for the same money. I'd definitely go in that direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back