Mirlen

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX-3030, White's V3i, White's Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold some stuff to pickup a nice new metal detector to play with at the beach on an upcoming trip. Since the boss will unlikely let me upgrade, I decided to jump up to something near the top. Ordered a White's V3i and a 950 coil to use on the beach. Was also giving serious consideration to the eTrac but the screen on the V3i really appealed to me and all the settings appealed to the geek in me.. Should arrive on Tuesday (Uhhhgh, so used to Amazon PRIME Shipments, this is painful!)

Looking forward to getting started and checking it out, just hope I can learn enough before the trip, will only have a few days with it before I put it into action, eek!

After the trip I'll prolly be hitting the local parks and schools and maybe some fields if I get some good contacts later.. Will pickup the 4x6 coil for some of that with the Bonus Bucks (And another NiMH battery pack prolly).

Thoughts on coil covers? Good? Bad? Indifferent? 2 for $10 seems like a decent price since I'll already be paying the $15 shipping handling...

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
metal_detector.gif
On coil covers - I use one to protect the coil from chips, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back