Newbie from New Mexico and Oklahoma

GirlWithWolf

Greenie
Sep 17, 2024
New Mexico and Oklahoma
Hello! I go by Maggie and treasure hunt with my father. We spent over a week in the Rockies a few years ago looking for the Fenn treasure and are currently working on the Niamo Speck cipher. We live in Oklahoma right now but are from New Mexico and that is where I call home. (Diamondbacks and Cardinals all the way!)

I’ve taken an interest in getting a metal detector and have been shopping for one, so I joined after reading about the Fenn treasure brought me here. It looks like a great place to learn and I love seeing the finds of others.

Hello! I go by Maggie and treasure hunt with my father. We spent over a week in the Rockies a few years ago looking for the Fenn treasure and are currently working on the Niamo Speck cipher. We live in Oklahoma right now but are from New Mexico and that is where I call home. (Diamondbacks and Cardinals all the way!)

I’ve taken an interest in getting a metal detector and have been shopping for one, so I joined after reading about the Fenn treasure brought me here. It looks like a great place to learn and I love seeing the finds of others.
Welcome to TNet. How close did you get to finding Fenn's treasure.

Welcome! I'd love to hunt "out west" especially the old cattle trails and frontier homesteads in New Mexico. May I recommend a Nokta simplex for your first detector? Relatively inexpensive, lightweight, easy to use and goes fairly deep. Good luck and let us know what you find

Hello...live in Oklahoma...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: OKLAHOMA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome to TreasureNet... I am an Airforce brat and vet myself.

Welcome to the forum from the mountains of northeastern Oregon! There is lots of information, knowledge and advice here!

Not very close if I understand the location it was more than likely found. We were near Canyon Village but I believe it was found farther south near Teton Village? Thanks for the welcome.
You got closer than most Fenn did love Cody.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back