Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of my New Year's resolutions is to seek out new areas to go detecting. With that in mind, I spent some time on Google Maps and picked a park about 20 minutes from my house. It's a roughly 500 acre wooded lot loaded with stone walls. I spent about 90 minutes exploring a small section of the park, and made some encouraging finds.

My first decent signal turned out to be 1 1/2 small buckles. They look to be on the older end of the spectrum, maybe mid/ late 1800's:

10.jpg
07.jpg

Next up was a solid "86" VDI that turned out to be a 1864 2-Cent piece. It's in pretty rough shape, but I'll take it!

08.jpg
09.jpg
04.jpg
03.jpg

Last find for the day was a really nice 1916 wheatie and a weird little "what's-it".

06.jpg
05.jpg

The best part about this new site was the lack of trash. I'm looking forward to many return visits!

02.jpg

Upvote 25
Love that old buckle, and of course a big congrats on the 2-cent. :headbang: I love those 2-cent coins. Great design.
Looking forward to your future posts from that site.
MM

Congrats on the finds and locating a new spot. The 2-cent piece might be in rough shape, but it’s great that it has a clear date on it. I especially like those Civil War era coins. Good luck!

One of my New Year's resolutions is to seek out new areas to go detecting. With that in mind, I spent some time on Google Maps and picked a park about 20 minutes from my house. It's a roughly 500 acre wooded lot loaded with stone walls. I spent about 90 minutes exploring a small section of the park, and made some encouraging finds.

My first decent signal turned out to be 1 1/2 small buckles. They look to be on the older end of the spectrum, maybe mid/ late 1800's:

View attachment 2126168View attachment 2126169

Next up was a solid "86" VDI that turned out to be a 1864 2-Cent piece. It's in pretty rough shape, but I'll take it!

View attachment 2126170View attachment 2126171View attachment 2126172View attachment 2126173

Last find for the day was a really nice 1916 wheatie and a weird little "what's-it".

View attachment 2126174View attachment 2126175

The best part about this new site was the lack of trash. I'm looking forward to many return visits!

View attachment 2126176
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Great finds! I'm with you on the New Years resolution to find new spots for 2024. I'm tired of going back to same old spots and getting skunked.

Silvermonkey you did fairly well. I think I should come over and give you a few more tops :) :P: send me your Phone number and I can call and plan a trip to you :) heehehhehe You did great really :)
NICE JOB !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back