New XP investment

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picked up a Deus 2 9" coil and remote lightly used from Big Boys Hobbies. Saved about $200. Both are like new condition.

I've been wanting the 9" coil, I regret buying my Ws6 Master with the 11". I've also been wanting to try out the X/Y screen on the remote. Can't wait to get out with both over the weekend.

IMG_20240809_084809335.jpg

Picked up a Deus 2 9" coil and remote lightly used from Big Boys Hobbies. Saved about $200. Both are like new condition.

I've been wanting the 9" coil, I regret buying my Ws6 Master with the 11". I've also been wanting to try out the X/Y screen on the remote. Can't wait to get out with both over the weekend.

View attachment 2162957
You made a great choice.
I have the same set up from day one-plus the other behind the ear set up-but just for a back up.

You'll find the remote is a real friendly for quick setting and viewing the X/Y screen.
Though I don't use it as much as I did when I detected with the D1 and the HF coil.

I set a custom program using the X/Y screen, next to the custom program I'm currently using.
So it's just a quick minus/plus on the remote for checking.

The only other time I'll look at the remote is on a solid sounding target to see the #.
Why the #?
To play the guessing game of what that target will be when I dig it up.
Yes it's a very lopsided ratio of getting a correct answer-but when it happens it's a "Oh Ya" moment.

You made a great choice.
I have the same set up from day one-plus the other behind the ear set up-but just for a back up.

You'll find the remote is a real friendly for quick setting and viewing the X/Y screen.
Though I don't use it as much as I did when I detected with the D1 and the HF coil.

I set a custom program using the X/Y screen, next to the custom program I'm currently using.
So it's just a quick minus/plus on the remote for checking.

The only other time I'll look at the remote is on a solid sounding target to see the #.
Why the #?
To play the guessing game of what that target will be when I dig it up.
Yes it's a very lopsided ratio of getting a correct answer-but when it happens it's a "Oh Ya" moment.
I'm still in that stage where I look at VDI all the time. Left work early due to weather and I've been playing with the X/Y screen in the garage. Seems similar to the 2d screen on the Manticore. Better targets closer to the center where horizontal and vertical lines intersect and start from left to right. Manticore screen: the better targets will be closer to the center non-ferrous line.

I like playing the guessing game too, but I've always been wrong!

I am loving this deus 2 with the 9" coil! Hit two permissions today for a couple hours. Found lots of trash but that 9" coil and the Tekkna program really pulls the non-ferrous out of the iron. Tiny little pieces too! I'll add some pics tomorrow. Didn't use the X/Y screen today, just had too much fun picking those non-ferrous targets out of the iron.

I am loving this deus 2 with the 9" coil! Hit two permissions today for a couple hours. Found lots of trash but that 9" coil and the Tekkna program really pulls the non-ferrous out of the iron. Tiny little pieces too! I'll add some pics tomorrow. Didn't use the X/Y screen today, just had too much fun picking those non-ferrous targets out of the iron.
Push the reactivity down to zero if possible. It tends to get a tad too noisy sometimes (soil conditions)
But the depth range really increases also.

I have played around with this a bit, where I will get a good solid non-ferrous target. (one gets to know that clean sound) I look at the VDI # then I just hit a few other programs to hear how the signal sounds like.
I have found that some can be close, and the some like the general setting to the point of hardly hearing it at all.

Then comes that thought-oh I guess it's a redo all my sites over again using this program as I probably missed a few good targets.
Now that I have done that on a few hard hit sites, I have started to realize that this program is probably the best one yet.

Permission #1: High grass so I can't get in till winter. The township cut about 13-15 feet off the road this week, so I decided to try that. There was a house and barn on this lot listed on the 1858, 1860, and 1874 maps. Gone by 1898 map. Lots of trash, being that close to the road. Still, I got the remains of a pocketknife and two memorials.

Trash
P1001482_WM.jpg
P1001483_WM.jpg

Permission 2: A hard-hit site of mine with lots of iron patches. Three Memorials, one clad dime, a zinclon, and some tiny bits of brass and lead.

P1001484_WM.jpg

I've been playing with several settings--one at a time rather than shotgun effect. I've gone over one 25' x 50' area of my permission probably 10 times with different programs & settings, and I find new stuff every time.

Sometimes I think I could spend years on this permission, but I'm starting to long for some different scenery... Maybe time to go talk to some folks... 🙂

View attachment 2162957

You will like the control unit and 9" coil. I have the 9" and 11" and use 9" about 90% of the time. I have not played with my ws6 other than to charge and make sure it works.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back