Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello to all! My name is Michael, I'm new to this site (just registered yesterday) and new (pretty green) to metal detecting. My wife and I bought my eldest son a BH ex as a gift about three years ago. Don't believe he used it much at all until we went on a family vacation in Florida. I packed the detector and walked the beaches with him. We did not find any Spanish gold or silver, but did find many clad coins, a few fishing sinkers, an earring (corroded costume), and quite a variety of trash items. We had a lot of fun looking, and the time we spent together was priceless. We enjoyed it so much in fact that we now hunt quite often together. He bought another detector and I have bought two as well. My wife and my youngest son think we are crazy. I think I might be going "crazy", anticipating spring and warmer weather! Last summer my mining buddy John (nickname I have given to my eldest son) and I found literally hundreds of clad coins, three rings (one costume, one silver, and one 10k filled), a sterling earring and a sterling pandora charm, a medal/medallion of some sort (I intend to post a thread in the "what is it?"), a gold plated "cross" ink pen, a 1946 silver dime, and many more items too numerous to list. Anyhoo, I'm hooked on this hobby, absolutely love metal detecting, and really enjoy this site! If it's not too much to ask from a noob, I would really appreciate any hot tips anyone is willing to give me on using a Teknetics gamma 6000, as this is my latest detector. With winter still not quite gone here in Ohio, I have not had it out a lot. I bought a 5" dd coil for it. The few times I have been out with it have been good, but I am still fairly unfamiliar with it and it's capabilities. Many thanks in advance for any help/tips. Happy hunting to all, Michael.

Try some ghost townes ! Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

Hey Mike,
I don't use that detector do can't help ya, but I did want to say "Welcome to Tnet!"
I think you'll like this place.

Laf

Hi Mike welcome to the hooby. Do get pictures of your finds and share them in the Todays Finds section of T-Net here. I know what you mean by Ohio weather we visit Bergholz Ohio at Thanksgiving and Christmas and it is so cold I want to cry, lol. I see alot of old schools out there which would be a good place to get practice with your new detector. If a school has a woods behind it, hit it up, it wont be as cleaned out on the old stuff like the school yard can be.

If some one doesn't come along shortly and give you some helpful info on your Teknetics gamma 6000, I think I saw a thread a few days ago that mentioned it. You may want to go back thru previous days threads and see if you find it.
Or you can ask in the forum farther down "Metal Detecting" forum lists- Metal Detecting or Brands comparing detectors.
Wish I could be of more help but I have an M6.
Oh! Welcome to T Net! And yes we love pics of your finds, it's been a long snowy winter, ground is still frozen in a lot of places! GL. HH!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! John and I found a few things today. I will attempt to post a picture in "today's finds". Thanks again for the welcome!

Welcome aboard T Net, we love pictures. Can't help with your detector, mine are all White's. Just want to wish you good luck, and hope you find some good stuff.

Welcome to TN !! I also run the Tek 6000. Have had it for a little over a year. Mine has the DD coil which I love. The area I live in is an Iron Mining area which can be rough for detecting. But the Gamma shines every time I go out. Even in the Tot Lots with a lot of trash it seems to do well. Thought about the AT Pro for quite a while but the features,etc of the Tek really got me going. And I'm glad thats what I went with. What I did was hit the "hunted out" tot lots first for about 15-20 hours and played with the settings. Very easy machine to use I think. Then as I figured out what the machine was telling me I "branched out" into some other areas I like to hunt. Never go out and not find something at least cool to me. Not always old silver or gold rings, but cool "momentos" for remembering hunts. One day I was out hunting during some hard times in life and dug a Guardian Angel coin. Just what I needed that day. Although pretty much worthless $ wise. The Tek Gamma: Great Depth, Light Weight, Great Battery Life and the Large Readout are my favorite aspects of this machine. Take Care, HH and Enjoy your Gamma !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back