new to the site not sure on what i have dug? fob of some sort?

dusty-tokens

Dec 5, 2015
N/W Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT pro/Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3.5'' ,no pins, only thing that seems to be missing is a stone, the prongs are bent back where the stone is missing. 20151204_124502-1.jpgrelic16.jpg

I think it is probably a brooch, missing the pin of course. would be worn where where the round part would dangle freely. Probably had colored glass stones glued in place. I imagine it dates from the late 1930's to late 40's

Upvote 0
thanks alot dave and jewlerguy. i thought brooch too but seen no marks of a broken pin or anything.... maybe someone will have a better shaped on or info on it ? thanks again

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks kinda like a medal you would pin on someones chest. but I wouldn't recognize it to be anything special. Could be something someone had made for their organization. Interesting nonetheless.

Upvote 0
I do see on the left had side of the top of the piece, a depression - perhaps part of a attach point? My personal thought is this is a part of a ladies chatelaine (Waist clip/pin key holder)- the free hanging loop behind the "Fob" would be where she could add /remove the chins for her keys, pin case, etc. You can see where the ring attaches to the fob is bent out of shape.

JMHO - but a nice find whatever it is!

Upvote 0
BOY YOU KNOCKED THE DUST OFF WITH THAT FIND NEW MEMBER . AND WELCOME TO TNET WERE KNOWLEDGE IS KING ......

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back