new to T Net hello all found silver president

clad_badger

May 7, 2007
Lithia Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 Prizm IV Mine Lab 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello all. I have been browsing tnet for about six months and have decided to jump in. I md with my old whites 6000d during the the mid 70's to early 80's in the Tampa area. Silver was easier to find then. I have been reinfected with the md bug as a year and a half ago. I have since moved 20 or so miles S.E. to a much newer area and Have noticed that It is now a challenge to find the silver coins and rings
Did find this silver half in an area of town along a row of teardowns next to the interstate where they ate planning to put as access ramp I found a lincoln at 1in but as usual rechecked the hole and got a signal after digging another 5 or so in found the half only my second half this year. Also found 4 wheats 25, 20, 42, 46D

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 437
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 437
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 483
Upvote 0
Great finds there, Badger and welcom to TNet. Big Silver is always a rush.

HH

Mr. Kennedy is Mighty Fine Looking. Congrats, nice wheaties too! Welcome to the forum.

HH, Ringfinder

Hey CB, nice half. Bet that sounded off strong. Keep posting, because we LOVE seeing and hearing about other MD'ers finds.

My dad worked for Safeway during the late 60's and early 70's. A good portion of the coins were silver and he said it wasn't unusual to have several Merc's in the dime drawer at the end of the shift.

Good luck sniffin out the silver.

MP

clad_badger,

welcome to the board.

Neat finds.

::)Hope you not related to that other, "Badger"
we have running around.

One is enough ;) ;D

Again, welcome ;D

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE

thanks all for the nice replies on my first post. I do have other finds to post although they were found 1 to 3 months ago. Danimal I cleaned the Kennedy half with only a toothbrush and soap as it come out of the dirt in nice cond. I hope that all of you can find this reply as for some reason my post was taken off of the main today site. Good luck an enjoy life.CB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back