• hope button 001.jpg
    hope button 001.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 133
  • hope finds 1 001.jpg
    hope finds 1 001.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 4
I see that you are taking care of cleaning that site out :laughing7:

Nice looking button, but unfortunately I can't help you there. I like that little padlock too:icon_thumright:

I'm a zipper man myself :tongue3:

No Idea , but the anchor he's holding is very interesting.

Sounds like a great opportunity. I have found a padlock just like the one in your photo padlock.JPG
However, mine is very green with patina. It has no markings that I can see and wondered if you knew anything about it such as date, maker etc.
Keep hitting that plantation and keep us updated as there is bound to be more bounty there!

Those r sum nice finds there JR. The cuff button is a beaut, I wish I could help with a time frame but there is folks on here that really know their stuff.. Looks to be alot more there for u to find. CONGRATS on the new job and the finds.. HH

Excellent button, never seen anything like it found in U.S. I have a conjecture (Crusader will probably be here shortly), it is Britannia leaning on fouled anchor. Perhaps a keepsake of a British sailor?

HH
-GC

Its 1 half of a late 18th C Cufflink - a very nice one at that!

Well, if the owners ever see you and ask what you're doing, you can tell them this:

"I'm performing my responsibility to aerate the soil in order to promote grass growth and prevent bald spots which may be caused in part by impurities in the ground such as loose metal litter." 8-)

And when that excuse wears off you can say this:

"After removal of most of the underground litter that was damaging your landscape, I am now able to detect and locate minor artifacts that contribute to the history of your property."

Cool on the new job,looks to be nice searching for you.That pulley thing,I have found 2 of those,not sure what they are,I think from a seeder. God Bless Chris

you are lucky to hunt relics at work ...:thumbsup:

Never saw anything like it before, But it sure is a cool object.......................HH

@cti4sw your not lying about the bald spots. Seems like a lot of signals have bald spots. Crusader is right on half a cuff link, would of had an elongated chain link between two ring shanks. Nice find you must be going slow and low.

Attachments

• image-2572605820.jpg
    image-2572605820.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3514979675.jpg
    image-3514979675.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 79
have any idea as to the fiqure on it?

A friend of mine dug one and his research indicated the design was meant to symbolize a woman waiting for a man to return from a journey at sea. Nice find!

A friend of mine dug one and his research indicated the design was meant to symbolize a woman waiting for a man to return from a journey at sea. Nice find!

seems possible, although a strange story for a mans cufflink...

jrwill56,

Neat find on the old cufflink....given the age of the site and the original landowners would have been well to do....odds
are good there should be some Spanish silver there....keep hitting it....grid off one section at a time and the goodies will
come.

Regards + HH

Bill

found a very close likeness on a necklace called (faith leaning on hope) the anchor meaning hopeil_570xN.257519818.jpg

Last edited:
Cool digs :-)

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back