NEW SCHOOL FIRST AND LAST TIME

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
W ent to new school to give it a try . Looked like it was paved with coins, but soon 6 kids came running over ( school is out ) getting under my feet. One even starting digging in holes i was getting coins out of , i almost hit his hand several times as i was digging . He managed to grab about $3.00 in coins before i could pick it up . Another grabbed pinpointer and digging tool and tried to get away with them !! managed to run this one down . ( GIRL ) . I would sit md down to dig and they would grab it , try to pull it away . One girl told me to give her money . when i asked why, she replied that her mother told her white folks were supposed to give them money !!!! Needless to say soon as i could get equipment back I left . Did end up with $5.39 for 1 hr time . I think next time my wife tells me we need to leave ms. I`ll agree, and, lets go NOW !!!!! ;D will detect for food........BR...549 ;D

Upvote 0
Shoot, my family is against me because I refuse to be a predjudice person. ?I got beat (yes beat) one time because I met a Spanish guy friend for bowling.

But I'm changing things with my kids, they are very diverse and everyone is a friend no matter what. ?I am very proud of them especially with the peer pressure they have to endure. ?

We as parents are responsible for changing the ways that our children think, I'm a firm believer in that!

Keep going and have a blast!

Kim

The way I see it is simple. Everyone needs to stop worrying about other people, period. If everyone stopped worrying about what other people do or think, and started worrying about their own little corner of the universe, we'd have a much nicer world. I feel bad for those poor kids. It's not their fault their so ignorant, and their probably too young to know any better from their own life experiences. Unfortunatley, it sounds like it's too late for their mother. Anyway, let's try to forget this incident and get out there and finds some cool stuff! HH!!

i have some strong feelings on this topic as well, but i am going to keep my politics to myself this time, and only respond to the original post by saying, try again early in the morning. around sun up. you should be able to hunt undisturbed then.

I get the kids trying to dig in my holes too...but they usually hand whatever they find right over----dont have many at all that try to run off with it---so I reward the ones that wait till i invite them to help by letting them keep the coins---had one kid ask if he could swing the md I told him no and the little bugger tried to grab it right outta my hands---well he learned respect real fast when i told him If he tried it again I'll give him the next quarter i find to call his parents from jail----he didnt try it agian... I use a simple philosophy when the kids start gathering---you can watch, help all ya want but when i ask you to stop you stop or you go away---guess maybe its not that easy everywhere,, but then agian I demand it and usually get it and the kids have a blast---just remember to keep control and when you start to lose it just toss something worthless into the ground and let the md beep and say " oh wow now that sounds like a silver dollar, you guys wanna dig it you can keep it if ya find it" those kids will dig for a while before givin up and returning to then just do it again with cool a ring or something else---it works

I've lived on the West Coast and the Midwest, both rural and urban. After the fourth robbery attempt ( all they got was a beating each time) I thought this urban existence sucks no matter how much more money there is to be made. I ended up moving to an area where my ancestors settled 150 yrs. ago. 99.5% of the people are the same race and about 70% are even the same nationality. I'm glad I moved, I really enjoy living among my own kind. Kids who strive to learn, no crime to speak off. Some say diversity is the spice of life, well I've never missed it.

I had about 8 of them buzzing around me like mosquitos tonight at the park... must have been some kind of little league baseball cookout...

Typical, you start to dig and you have 8 little heads bobbing, 16 little hands flying, and 8 little mouths all going at the same time... I want.. I want.. I want...

I was on the sand volleyball court so I had them digging up some lost treasures at 12 inches (pull tab's and pennies) ? :D

Of course they all want to dig, swing the detector and find the treasure... so would I if I was 7 years old...

I give the nice kids my coin finds and the mean little brats nothing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back