jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.google.com/search?q=727...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

called my cell phone from blocked Number, Guy with Indian accent said hes from Windows Help and Support. Said they had dangerous signals and errors coming from my computer.

Knew my name & IP

Tried to get me to punch something in & I hung up.

Before this I asked his Name, Number

He said Tom Wilson
Help & Support Ctr. Windows
& Direct # to him 727-569-8324

of course Tom Wilson does not sound indian

Not sure what they are after but Beware

[h=1]727-569-8324
[/h]City/State:
New Port Richey, FLCountry:United StatesType/ZIP:Landline, 34655Type:LandlineCounty/TimeZone:Pasco, EasternCarrier/Company:Us Lec Of Florida, Inc.

http://phonenotes.org/7275698324

Last edited:
I also heard of another phone scam called robo call... Apparently they try to make you push buttons on your phone and that will identify a real person and they have a confirmed phone number. God knows what they do from there... :icon_scratch:

I'd like to know how they matched My IP # . my Cell phone # & my Name
without knowing me personally Or having done business with me in the past
I know the guy could have been american, or even nigerian & Used a fake indian accent to
throw people off.
however I sort of wonder if Comcast, or other legit companies sell their lists under the table
to the highest bidders

I got a similar call twice a couple years ago. They would call and say they are form microsoft and our computer is infected. They would ask for us to type in something and read them some digits off our computer. The first time my wife almost fell for it and had to call me at work for my opinion. They called back a week later and I was home so I got on the phone and reamed them a new one for trying to rip people off. They insisted they were legit for a bit, after I kept asking her how she sleeps at night trying to rip people off and telling her what an awful person she is etc. etc. she finally hung up. I imagine there is a lot of folks falling for this one.

yes at first I said to him, I am not interested in their scam,
& I'm not buying anything from him, & He got defensive saying he is not selling anything & asked me ,
If he asked me for any money etc. & said he had no intention on selling me any services.

When I think back he rattled off an IP but I don't know my IP by heart,
so he could have just threw out some local numbers that match the area code of my cell phone location.

I'm surprised he held on so long

I Should have just told him to google the phone # he gave me :tongue3:

it would have showed him how easy it is to check if he's been trying to scam others.

plus real Indian operators use american accents when dealing with americans
laughing7.gif

plus real Indian operators use american accents when dealing with americans :laughing7:

. . . just not very good American accents --- they still give away that they are from India or Pakistan.

As for what your ip is . . . click on start > run > then type in "cmd" and press enter. Next type in ipconfig and press enter. You'll get your ip, or try Proxy Lists. Sorted by type. List #1 and it has a link to show your real IP addy.

Network Tools by YouGetSignal.com will show your current IP, open network ports, Trace route,etc. Has a bunch of other location stuff you can do too like reverse lookups, Ip lookup, Geolocate, reverse e-mail lookup, WHOIS lookup( tells owner of IP or domain name). I had to manually open 3 ports on my network for internet traffic to allow my surviellance dvr to communicate remotely with my phone and pc. The site was able to test the ports and show that they were open. This site was referred to me by an IT support person while setting up my home video surveillance system after 2 recent break ins. If you dont have a static IP (many isp charge extra) it will change periodically.

Last edited:
Got a call like that, too. But there's no way these guys can fool me because I'm always updated about such scams. But what bothered me was that the caller had my correct name, address and phone number. I wonder where these people get all their information.

Should I be worried? I'm afraid other scammers have access to my information, too. How do you become a victim of ID theft?

I reported the scammer to Report Phone Number to CallerCenter.com already, but I'm not sure if I should report him to the FTC, too. Should I?

Should I be worried? I'm afraid other scammers have access to my information, too. How do you become a victim of ID theft?

I reported the scammer to Report Phone Number to CallerCenter.com already, but I'm not sure if I should report him to the FTC, too. Should I?

sad thing is if you look at these Numbers & when they were first reported you see 2007 Etc.
Yet they are still using them today.

The whole report numbers & scams appears to be a joke also.

If your not a Student with a Picture of a Squirt gun on you
or trying to board an airplane with a can of deoderant,
the fed doesn't care what you do.

Last edited:
Wow! that is a bit scary! Lots of stuff anyone can find out about you. Just pay a few bucks and can trace just about anyone from IP number.

Got a call like that, too. But there's no way these guys can fool me because I'm always updated about such scams. But what bothered me was that the caller had my correct name, address and phone number. I wonder where these people get all their information.

Actually, it is extremely simple. It is permissible, under current U.S. law for Joe Blow's Furniture store to run credit on everyone within a geographical area in order to determine who is and is not creditworthy so long as it is done with the intent to extend a credit offer to those who meet Joe's standards. If you've ever seen a real credit report, about the only thing I can't find out is the size of . . . well, let's say they leave nothing to the imagination.

Now, Bobby over at the furniture company needs a few extra dollars, so not only does he print out the information or save the information for his employer when he runs the checks, he prints a copy for Harry the Hood since he is personally indebted to Harry for some questionable investments at the local betting parlor.

Now, Harry takes those names and they get spread around to all of his friends (for a fee, of course) and now you have a list with everything you need to scam folks and steal their identity.

If the crooks are even cheaper, they can go to other places online to just get your name, address, date of birth, and phone number --- all for free.

Then there are the even dumber people who tell the truth and put all that out on facebook. Universally stoopid!!! Do they think only good people go to facebook and myspace? Mylife? etc, etc, etc???

Yes, especially in the current climate where illegal acts such as breaching the U.S. border are REWARDED instead of being punished, where the A.G. is being investigated for "gun running" and where those of us who thought we built our businesses are finding out that even though we did all the hard work, someone else actually did it for us. We should all be very afraid.

I wonder if these people got the same call

WILLIAMSTOWN - An incident of unlawful use of a computer that happened to a borough business between Aug. 31 and Tuesday is being investigated by state police at Lykens.
Police said someone gained control of a computer system owned by Williams Valley Dental by installing a virus, a type of ransom ware that prevented the business from accessing any of the information on the computer.
The thieves then tried to extort money from the business in exchange for un-encrypting the files.

thieves are smart. they will get you anyway they can.

I keep getting calls for a free cruise. yea right! :) LOL

Our most recent junk calls have been from a fellow speaking broken English. He offers to have 10,000 people pray for me. For a price of course. Since it is a recording, I didn't have the opportunity to tell him that I'm really picky about who I pay to do the praying. Oh yeah, and I want to edit the prayer first.

M

Our most recent junk calls have been from a fellow speaking broken English. He offers to have 10,000 people pray for me. For a price of course. Since it is a recording, I didn't have the opportunity to tell him that I'm really picky about who I pay to do the praying. Oh yeah, and I want to edit the prayer first.

M

ROFL

Powerball lottery is $100,000,000
Mega Millions is $105,000,000

They would need to see I win one of them Before I'll pay them to make me win the other. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back