New prospector from the Dominican Republic

Jarbacoagold

Feb 23, 2010
Jarabacoa
Wow, this looks like the best forum for Gold prospecting that I've seen. I am from the USA, been living and prospecting in the Dominican Republic for the last 2 years, prospecting total for about 20 years. Glad to be here.

Attachments

• Day With Willie 023.jpg
    Day With Willie 023.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 425
  • Day With Willie 031.jpg
    Day With Willie 031.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0
A couple more.....

Attachments

• Day With Willie 026.jpg
    Day With Willie 026.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 391
  • Day With Willie 032.jpg
    Day With Willie 032.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 400
Welcome to T.N. Jarbacoa. How was the gold in the Dominican Repuplic? Coarse gold or fine gold? Any dredging going on there? Good luck in the U.S. Jimmygoat

Lots of fine, we have been finding some decent pickers at the newest site. We have been moving upstream and it's starting to get a little better.I find about 1/2 gram-1 gram in about 2 hours on average. Can't complain......Not much dredging. Mainly panning, and I'm one of the few around here that does that. The locals say "I can't eat it, so why bother". hahaha

Jarbacoagold, That looks like beautiful country. Why not use a sluice box? It sounds like a guy could do pretty good. Jimmygoat.

I need to order one, The folding kind. To get to the decent spots its a hike. Have to take either mules or walk it.

Attachments

• Day With Willie 019.jpg
    Day With Willie 019.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 356
  • Horses_trail7.JPG
    Horses_trail7.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 392
  • PC151356.JPG
    PC151356.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 376
:icon_thumleft: Could you pllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeease check on dredging-there are many lost souls in kalif(land of ignorance)that are looking to find new digs. I understand the DR is HOT HOT HOT?? Bottom line is the gold your getting with a pan could be run in a few minutes--not hours--with a small 2 1/2-3" dredge and multiply that by a 6 hour suck'm up day= :notworthy: :headbang: :icon_sunny: TIME TO PARTY!!! Be the first on your block to find mucho oro puro AND KEEP QUIET AS GOLD FEVER WILL KILL YOUR RIGHTEOUS SITUATION. Seen it a 1,000 times--righteous find and a stampede follows. Question--caymen,crocs,snakes,jaquar,rules, regs,crime,quakes like Haiti????--lotza questions-tons a au 2 u2 -John

Welcome!

I am a Spanish history guy, and I have also stumbled on an interesting perdon in the DR.

PM me, please.

No "Poisonous" snakes, I have seen a few small green ones. No dangerous animals, not really many animals, I think the natives ate them all. Where I am, in the central mountain zone, very little crime. In the beach towns, there is some. Haven't been through any natural disasters, the earthquake in Haiti was just a little over a hundred miles away, we felt a small shake, but not bad. They call this area the "Alps of the Caribbean" and "land of eternal spring". I know with a small dredge I could maximize my time, I have to get one down here which is a task and costly. They charge duty on imports. Come down and visit and bring one with you.

I have looked up some plans on the net, Wood seems to get heavy after a while and finding someone in this country to make one out of aluminum would be like pulling teeth. I think I would be better off to try and find one in the states and just have it shipped.

Now thats refreshing--the natives ate the critters instead of the critters ate the natives. In much of central america it's just the opposite. I DO NOT like to be in the water with caymen,crocs and their brethren. Close encounter in CR absolutely cured me from wanting any contact with them toothy devils-John :thumbsup:

We went out Yesterday, found about 2 grams of nice flake. My phone got wet so my pics are done from this trip. We also found a fossil of I guess is a Nautilus?? It is in looks like slate, kinda a layered grey stone. large, maybe 8 inches across. I will try and get a pic of it on here, maybe someone can tell me what it is.
Going out again tomorrow to another site....Can't wait.

This Gold came from the Yaque del Norte river near the base of Pico Duarte. It is the highest peak in the Caribbean. The river has a long history of Gold dating back to the 1400's. Not many people prospect here so its good for me.....

Its been rainy, and overcast now for the last 4 days. I went 2 days ago to the river and brought some dirt back to pan at home, turned out ok. Nowhere as much fun though, the wife doesn't like the mess if I do it inside. I went to the hardware store (Ferretaria) here yesterday and got material to build a sluice box. It turned out great, now waiting to try it out. Still miserable today, cold ( its got to be 74 degrees) and raining. I'll add a pic of the area, its been giving me problems loading pics, I've tried resizing but isn't helping.

Attachments

• P7240082.JPG
    P7240082.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 244

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back