New permission gets me 2 civil war plates, 3 silver coins and colonial goodies!!!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day!!! I gained a new permission today and it was unbelievable. The old man said go ahead, but it's a waste of time that a lot have been out before to detect.

Well second signal in I get a 1899 barber half dollar. Third signal was a 1937 Washington. 5th signal of the day was an awesome civil war sword plate. The finds really started to flow after that. Buttons, shoe buckle pieces. Then I landed a second plate for the day...my first breast plate. As I was leaving I got a standing liberty quarter, which was my first.

I showed the guy my finds and I think he was impressed. He wanted the standing liberty quarter, but that was it. Said I could come back tomorrow. Giving him the quarter was well worth the permission to come back and on top of everything else I found. This is by far my best day detecting! Thanks for looking and HH!

ForumRunner_20150202_192750.png

ForumRunner_20150202_192614.png

ForumRunner_20150202_192623.png

ForumRunner_20150202_192636.png

ForumRunner_20150202_192646.png

ForumRunner_20150202_192657.png

ForumRunner_20150202_192710.png

ForumRunner_20150202_192722.png

ForumRunner_20150202_192735.png

Last edited:
Upvote 32
Wow! That was a great day. I'd love to find a sword plate. Congrats on some terrific finds. I'm red with envy, maybe enough to melt away the 20" of snow that giving me cabin fever. I guess I'll need to pass the time with research.

That's quite a site you stumbled onto Matt. What a great assortment of relics and coins spanning almost 200 years. I love it when you come behind others and really clean up. Maybe this will turn out to be your next mega-button site. And hopefully some early coins too.

There was a lot of shallow foil, plus the coins were super deep. Maybe their old machines weren't good enough.

Oh no not again ? Really' I could find all of that in one day myself ,yeah right maybe in a reference book . Damn this cant be the guy that found all the buttons at a good site a couple months ago and if so I want that horse shoe or rabbits foot you carry. Man I would love to find a place like that to hunt. I mean just one plate would first cause me to act like a child. One of these days I wish that it will happen to me to, so I can mark it of my wish list . Great finds my friend and if you should not be the fellow with all the buttons I apologize.Vanzutphen

The other people must have been hunting with a magnet. Lol! Nice finds!

Looks like you are on another great colonial spot with a touch of CW mixed in for good measure! Love the sword belt plate and the pin wheel horse mount I predict the next silver you pull out of there will be Spanish!

Holy S__T!! That's quite a site there! I've heard that a lot from property owners. Never seems to be the case. :D

Anyhow, only once have I dug 2 plates in one day. That's a heck of an accomplishment! The breastplate would be a great candidate for restoration, should you ever decide to do so.

Congrats!

-Buck

2 plates in one day, silver and a pile of buttons will make for a day you will never forget! Hopefully this will turn into another button honey hole for you!

Great finds, maybe the other guys were digging only signals for lead bullets? lol ha

He said they dug some fence wire and stuff. But who knows if they told him what they really found.

Way to go Matt, those plates are sweet. Your skills clearly outshine those of the previous detectorists. Kudos to you for showing your finds to the homeowner. He was kind for taking just a token quarter. I hope you'll have access to this site for many future visits, there is a lot left for you there.

That was a fantastic site. Great finds and nothing like cleaning up behind others.

I love hearing that people do the right thing and show all of their finds! It's the least we can do and reflects well on everybody. Well done Matt

Wow what a banner day Matt! You're a dedicated hunter and you research has really paid off on multiple sites. Congrats

Amazing finds! Congrats

nice finds man!!! I hope I get a sword belt plate one day

Excellent finds for a 25 cents, what a great deal!

Wow...one is on my bucket list. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back