rittok

Feb 25, 2024
New member from NYS and found this today. Any thoughts what it might be
IMG_0061.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 15
Thank you. I thought maybe that was it but I found it detecting around a small old cabin foundation and thought it looked pretty ornate for the area. I found this piece of a pipe with it
Very cool, still haven't found a pipe myself yet

Upvote 1
Welcome to Tnet.
I'm thinking Nathan nailed it. Could you give a height measurement and maybe a few more photos looking down at the top, and also inside the base?
Any makers mark on the base?
Thanks. Whatever it is, it's a beautiful piece. Congrats on the old clay pipe too. :icon_thumright:
MM

Upvote 2
Welcome to Tnet.
I'm thinking Nathan nailed it. Could you give a height measurement and maybe a few more photos looking down at the top, and also inside the base?
Any makers mark on the base?
Thanks. Whatever it is, it's a beautiful piece. Congrats on the old clay pipe too. :icon_thumright:
MM

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpeg
    IMG_0057.jpeg
    485 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 30
Upvote 1
Thanks for the extra photos. It looks awful small to be a candle holder. :dontknow:
The metal looks like pewter to me.
Hopefully someone will be able to ID it.
MM

Upvote 0
Hi rittok
Welcome to the "Show"!
I too believe it is too small for a candle holder and appears to be pewter as stated.
What it may be is a Frankincense Holder?

Incense Burner.jpg

Upvote 0
It is pretty tiny, but small candlesticks do exist. These were said by the seller to be potentially used as cake decorations, although I suspect they're actually dollhouse accessories or toys.

Candlesticks.jpg

Given the ornate nature of yours, I wouldn't rule out it being a cake decoration. That might go some way to explaining why it has such a small base which wouldn't be very stable without being stuck to something (such as the icing on a cake).

Upvote 1
I was thinking Candle Snuffer also. It sits on its base, then to use it, you grab the decorate "handle" and turn it over and place on the flame of the candle, holding it down until flame dies.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back