Never Too Late

Today is the first day of my 17th month of a low carb diet and working out at gym 7 days a week, well close to 7 days anyway, I do occasionally miss a day for what ever reason, doctor appointment, car appointment, fishing, on average it is between 25-26 days a month the last year.

Last blood work was good, only 1 red flag, my a1c, it is 6 and 5.4 or less is considered below pre-diabetic, above 6.5 is diabetic. It was 7.2 at the start 17 months ago. Still down over 40 lbs too, but have put on muscle mass or weight would be less.
Very Proud of you SIR :)

December 10 will mark 18 months, start working on my 18th month in 1 week. (NOV 10)

Still down 50 lbs, still trying to go to gym 7 days a week, in October I made it to the gym 27 days.

Loss 40 pounds of FAT.....:tongue3: and have put on muscle mass on chest shoulders and arms as well as muscle definition...

Last edited:
Treasure_Hunter thanks for the posting :) it makes us all that are diabetic think it can also happen to us., NO ONE can take better care of our body system then OUR selves 111 thank you :)

Been 8 months since my last update.

I am now on my 25th month of 7 days a week at gym, last month was 26 days, missed 4 days.

I am down 50 pounds from original start weight on 6/1/22. still on low carb diet, 100 carbs a day and my A1C is 6.0.

My routine now is gym at 7am, 1.5 miles a day on the treadmill for 30 mins, I was benching 125lbs, 5 sets of 10, but about 6 weeks ago I switched to 105 lbs 4-5 sets of 25 to a set, total 100-125 reps depending on how tired I am that morning.

I do 5 sets of 10 with 115 pounds on the Fly machine, 5 sets of 10 on Dip station with 185 lbs, sitting press 105 lbs 5 sets of 10, leg press, leg curls, and arm curls.. I usually do 4 machines a day, alternating machines every couple days.. 30 mins on treadmill, and hour to 1.5 on weights, but that includes the rest periods too. :laughing7:

I will say it was a lot easier when I was younger, but not bad for an old fart.

I will say it was a lot easier when I was younger, but not bad for an old fart.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be doing you as much good! 8-)

Besides, it's all relative anyway. What's heavy for one person is another person's warmup. It's the effort that matters, and it sounds like you're putting out plenty of it. (Sets if 25 on the bench? I'm getting tired just thinking about it!).

And down 45 lbs? That's extremely impressive. Nice work!

If it was easy, it wouldn't be doing you as much good! 8-)

Besides, it's all relative anyway. What's heavy for one person is another person's warmup. It's the effort that matters, and it sounds like you're putting out plenty of it. (Sets if 25 on the bench? I'm getting tired just thinking about it!).

And down 45 lbs? That's extremely impressive. Nice work!
FyI, the bench press is on machine, I don't do much free weights any longer other than dumbell curls. Where it use to be 30 secs between sets when I was young is now a couple mins. The last 5 reps of each set are the hardest, and get that quiver in the muscles on the last set.

Hopefully I can keep it up, never thought I would do it for over 2 years and I actually go almost every day. I will miss 3-5 days a month on average for what ever reason usually once a week for what ever reason. Went from 40 to 33/34 on pants.

Update.....

I started my 29th month in a row of 7 day a week gym workouts this week, and according to gym records today's gym check-in was #701.

A1C is 6.1, down from 7.2, still down 50 lbs from the start, I was down 60 lbs, but I felt I was losing too much weight when I hit 167so I increased my carb intake from 50 carbs a day to 100 a day 22 months ago, and yes I still miss my carbs.

Pant size is still 33, down from 40.😁

Congrats Brother! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back