Need some help from more intelligent civil war buffs PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok first of all me and trashedtiger have been hitting this same spot now for 4-5 months off and on depending on when we can get off. There was a battle here at the site and we have found some items but still cannot seem to find the campground ??? We have found 3 fortifications or indentions in the ground and have only found 2 drops one being a pistol. AND 10 billion iron signals including square nails,bolts,spikes,weird shaped pieces of iron etc..... Can someone please help us and tell us what to look for in finding where these soldiers camped. The Site is on a creek with lots of swamp and pleanty of thick brush..I think that we are right on top of it but there is so much land there its hard to pinpoint exactly and me and him are newbees at the camp site thing so we are going by tnet and some commen sense, but like I say anymore info would be extremely helpful and appreciated.

Thanks and HH

Upvote 0
cwdigger said:
Well on this creek where the boats would dock to realese slaves there was a road built a very high enbankment which can still very clearly be seen, that would strecth about 3 miles, as well as an old cotton gin and a mill. The confederates would use this road to transport goods and injured or sick soldiers to a hospital on the pitt county side.

I;d hit that road hard as well if you can still tell exactly where it is....detect all along the road and out at least 10 yards on either side of it....Good luck and hope you make some awesome finds!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back