Need new hunting sites...

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett GTP 1350, Ace 250, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
Hey guys I am running out of places to hunt in the Springfield and surrounding area. I was wondering if anyone could give me any good research tips or ideas about finding some good old sites. I'd really like to find some old civil war sites or camps but am having trouble locating info on any, and since Wilsons Creek is more than off limits Im at a stand still. I love this hobby but what good is a detector if you got no where to swing it ;D. Thanks Guys Josh

Josh, I have been hunting Springfield and the surrounding area since the mid 70's....me and about 150 other Th'ers....This area has been pounded hard. My suggestion would be to go door to door.....and ask permission. Eventually someone will say yes.....even if it has been hunted before technology has improved much in recent years...hunt real slow...and use different coil sizes....Good luck!...Steve

Thanks Steve I got a couple old houses in Nixa picked out to ask permission to hunt but sometimes its really hard to figure out who owns the property.

you gotta become a travelin man

hollywood13185 said:
Thanks Steve I got a couple old houses in Nixa picked out to ask permission to hunt but sometimes its really hard to figure out who owns the property.
to find out who owns a peice of property, you need to have a county platt book .you can aquire one from your county court house usually for around $25/30 . this will show you the land,roads and its owner. this is a must had to find some owners!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back