Need info on Wilson Distilling Co (1940s??)

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I need some help researching a "Wilson Distilling Co". When I bought my home about 4 years ago, I found a full, unopened quart bottle of whiskey in a clear bootle in a box in a corner of the basement that the previous owner did not remove. It was her father house, and he passed away in his late 80s. The cork was so deteriorated you could smell the whisky right through it. I removed the cork and dumped the whiskey for fear that it was poison or something, but I kept the bottle. It is a quart bottle, clear glass, with clear lettering on the front side only, and all it says is Wilson Distilling Co. There is an old Rhode Island tax stamp, but nothing else. I'm guessing the forties. I have searched the internet high and low with no results. Anyone have any ideas?

Just a suggestion for any finds like this to you or anyone else who might see it. Don't empty it if you find anything else. That could have destroyed much of the value. This probably isn't going to be an extremely valuable item either way, so I wouldn't worry about it, but it's always best to keep intact.

Thanks for the link! Your legend continues to grow, Buckram! The labels are exactly the same as my bottle, except mine does not have a paper label. The lettering is raised glass on the front of the clear bottle, but the lettering looks the same! It may not be worth anything, but the bottle is neat, and I'll keep it and add it to my small milk bottle collection. I came here to learn metal detecting, and now I'm in the bottle collection business too. Just what I need - another hobby, lol! Thanks again, and good hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back