NEED ID*Very unusual one piece cuff button

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dug this cuff button today.one piece with extra color back mark.looks like the word PART or PAST on top.can't quite figure what it is? a guy chugging a huge glass of ale? the detail is being held on by the crust.afraid to take that off and end up with a flat button.
any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0624.JPG
    IMG_0624.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 5
cleaned it the best I could.appears to say PART. with open book in center and SHALL? on other side

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
ID FROM ANOTHER SITE
...an 1820's era button, that was probably worn by those of religion. On the front is a bible. On one side it has a "heart" and the other side it says "My" the other words around the edge is "Shall never part". It reads, "My heart shall never part" basically meaning my heart shall never part from the word of God. Put what looks to be "sun rays" at the bottom, and the heart will be on the right side of the book

ID FROM ANOTHER SITE
...an 1820's era button, that was probably worn by those of religion. On the front is a bible. On one side it has a "heart" and the other side it says "My" the other words around the edge is "Shall never part". It reads, "My heart shall never part" basically meaning my heart shall never part from the word of God. Put what looks to be "sun rays" at the bottom, and the heart will be on the right side of the book
thanks Casper! Larry Cisna ID'ed it on another forum.here's what he had to say with a photo of his button.

1820's era button, that was probably worn by those of religion. On the front is a bible. On one side it has a "heart" and the other side it says "My" the other words around the edge is "Shall never part". It reads, "My heart shall never part" basically meaning my heart shall never part from the word of God. Put what looks to be "sun rays" at the bottom, and the heart will be on the right side of the book. Also, it appears a chunk of the book on your button is missing between the "My and the "heart" Heres one I dug some years ago. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Larry Cisna's button my heart shall never part.jpg
    Larry Cisna's button my heart shall never part.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 104
my button

Attachments

• IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 261
Very nice button. Congrats.

Cool early button. That's something like a paradigm shift to go from thinking it was a guy chugging beer to being a religious button.

Glad to see you got an ID on your button Dave! :thumbsup:
Haven't seen you posting anything lately are you still getting out there? :icon_scratch:

Dave

Cool early button. That's something like a paradigm shift to go from thinking it was a guy chugging beer to being a religious button.
Not that far fetched if you really think about it. :-)
Depends what religion........could be much worse than a guy chugging a brew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back