All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSC06067.JPG
    DSC06067.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • DSC06068.JPG
    DSC06068.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
Hi; Sorry but it is a Modern Blazer Coat Button ok. Good Luck Hunting. PEACE:RONB

Upvote 0
According to the best book on button backmark dating, "American Military Button Makers And Dealers; Their Backmarks & Dates" by McGuinn & Bazelon, the specific version of Scovill backmark on your button dates it to being from 1870-to-1890, so it is definitely NOT a "modern blazer button.

I believe it is what the button manufacturing industry calls a "Career Uniform" button. The intertwined initials M H probably represent something like "Manchester Hotel". You might find a match for it in the Career Uniform Buttons, Initials/Letters section at the Waterbury Button Company website.
Career Uniform - Waterbury Button

Upvote 0
Hi; Sorry but it is a Modern Blazer Coat Button ok. Good Luck Hunting. PEACE:RONB

I disagree. Not only can you tell by the backmark and the serifs but also by the style of the letters entangled/intertwined

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this is a match -- this is from the Just Buttons Magazine (Jan 1961). Article is "New England Hunt Club Buttons" (Ann Wilson).

Middlebury Hunt "near Waterbury, Connecticut"

Attachments

• huntbuttons1.jpg
    huntbuttons1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 85
  • huntbuttons2.jpg
    huntbuttons2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
I think this is a match -- this is from the Just Buttons Magazine (Jan 1961). Article is "New England Hunt Club Buttons" (Ann Wilson).

Middlebury Hunt "near Waterbury, Connecticut"

This girl Bramblefind has sources for solving these artifacts that nobody else seems to have access to. Your research continues to amaze us. Great ID.

Im thinking to myself, a hunt club in Waterbury that doesnt use the Waterbury Button CompanY? So I looked again and sure enough it was there all the time, I just didnt have the key word "hunt" in my search. I did search "MH" and it didnt show. 16496 - Waterbury Button
hunt club buttun.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back