SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no clue! Does anybody know what it is?

image-977233589.jpg

image-2573858890.jpg

Relics like that can't be solved. Could be anything. So no use asking about age! But keep posting cause you never know!

Upvote 0
The two asymmetrical holes in it may be the key to find out more about it;s original function.
If purely decorative they would have been made in a straight line... hmmmmmmmm...

Upvote 0
as doran said , it is very hard to ID items some times when they are missing parts.
could you clean this item up with warm soap and water and then take more pictures in the daylight ? these look like it was night time and the flash is bleaching all detail.

Upvote 0
That's a tough one. I think yaxthri is right. It was a custom piece intended for one person's need.

Upvote 0
Looks like an end bracket from something that had a roller in the middle. It should have had another bracket just like if for the other side. One hole had a round shaft that acted like an axle for the roller and the other hole had a bar mounted to connect the two end plates together and keep it rigid.

Upvote 0
I think I just posted on another of your whats its, but this looks like another part to a wood burning stove. This particular piece looks like it goes between the 2 circular covers on the top that is also removable to create a larger opening. The 2 holes are for a special fork to hook into to allow removal while its hot. Sorry google still isn't working so no pics.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back