Silver Member
Feb 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• E40E429A-EE16-4528-9D3A-78799976283F.jpeg
    E40E429A-EE16-4528-9D3A-78799976283F.jpeg
    784.2 KB · Views: 47
Sheppoo or Sheppo. Some signatures are a guessing game I've come to discovered. Just don't ask us to try and decipher doctor's signatures.......

:laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is an S Sharroo painter. But this piece is post impressionism, 1939ish, and is likely a print with little to no value unfortunately.

Upvote 0
I can assure you it isn’t a print I have been at this for awhile now I know the difference.and the 300 kinds lol serigraph chromolithograph silkscreen giclee and so on

Upvote 0
The stamp on the back says WPMC in the center. I can make out Western Pine M------- Company.

Best I could do. Can't make out the "M" word.

Upvote 0
The stamp on the back says WPMC in the center. I can make out Western Pine M------- Company.

Best I could do. Can't make out the "M" word.

I'm pretty sure it's Western Pine Moulding Company. If so, that is an identifier for the wood/molding used to make the frame, not a gallery or other identifier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The "S" is the only letter in the signature that I'm fairly sure about. The "a" could be an "e". The "h" could be a "k". The "pp" could be "ff" or even "rr". The first initial and the blobs at the end could be almost anything.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it's Western Pine Moulding Company. If so, that is an identifier for the wood/molding used to make the frame, not a gallery or other identifier.

I can only find two reference for Western Pine Moulding Company. August 1957 in an El Paso newspaper 'help wanted' ad:

MOULDING MAN Who Khows to set up and to grind and sharpon knives. Steady Job for right man. Western Pine Moulding Co Box 1S4. Phone TO 5-7700. Los Lunas New Mexico

And in the 1976 Directory of the Wood Products Industry. The phone number from 1957 is still the same ending in 5-7700.

Upvote 0
Thank you for all the help on this everyone

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back