Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I know now how hard it is when You "See" something on a coin and then take a picture of it and it just doesnt look the same.

Anyway,

Went out hunting this past weekend and found this coin/token/round thingy and figured it might be something, but nothing I have seen before.

I have been cleaning it (soaking in oil) since the day I found it. I swear I keep seeing things on it, but you know how that goes.

So first thought was it may be a smoothed Large Cent. Its the same size and a tad under its weight.

I also can sorta see a Bust on it and what looks like a headband and hair. The one thing I know for sure is on there is either part of a "3" or an "8"

It just seems like the bust is a little different than the LC

I swear I haven't started drinking yet haha. Sorry for the redundant pics

Do you guys see what I see?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• Mystery Coin.jpg
    Mystery Coin.jpg
    915.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Mysterycoin1.jpg
    Mysterycoin1.jpg
    879.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3047.JPG
    IMG_3047.JPG
    917.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Upvote 0

yea, thats pretty much what I was thinking. Just wasnt sure if something might have stuck out. I typically dont find coins ( if thats what it is) this worn and crusted.

in my head I keep seeing something lol

this was the closet I could come, but doubtful

thanks anyways

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Upvote 0
In the second picture I see the edge of a wreath to the bottom left and an "O" a little to the left of center which is where the word ONE would be. I'm thinking Large Cent!

Upvote 0
Looking closer, the "O" I see maybe a little to far to the left ... Hmmmm. Does anyone else see what I see?

Upvote 0
Is it thick like a large cent or is it thinner? King George II or similar type coin? Anyone can find pictures in corrosion, so maybe not...

Untitled-1.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back