Need help with makers mark on this gold ring!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL

Attachments

• May 15, 2012 Gold Ring! (8).jpg
    May 15, 2012 Gold Ring! (8).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 11,072
Last edited:
I searched for this and didn't really find anything for CPC. Are you sure that's what it says? I looked at your pic and could not make out any of the letters.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
agreed is there anyway you can get a closer shot with out so much glare from the pics the stamp almost looks like Greek lettering from a fraternity. the 350 doesn't make much sense since 8K gold would be 333 and 9k gold would be 375. Based on the color and how vibrant the yellow is are you sure its not a 750 for 18k gold?

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

I apologize for the confusion in my wording. Hopefully this will help.

I've tried taking better pictures of the markings, as well as the hand-engraded lettering below the stamps.

Since the stamp is 10k, assume it's 10 karat, but there is a hand engraved portion that looks to be "CPC and then a big 3 and then a small 50" - this can be seen in a pics.

For the stamp, is almost looks like the first one could be a blobby A, the middle looks like a B, and the third one may be something like a crown but I really can't make it out.

In the last pic, it looks like there's some kind of crack. It really reminds me of a "lamination" on coins, where the coin is solid, but there's a small layer that becomes cracked. Do you guys think this is a similar situation, or could it be something more sinister? Please see the buffalo nickel lamination (I stole pic from ebay - not my auction). (edited, ok, it's now the first pic...)

I hope this helps! Thanks everyone for your help!!

Attachments

• Scratch.jpg
    Scratch.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Big marks.jpg
    Big marks.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 403
  • mid marks.jpg
    mid marks.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 215
  • Closeup ot 3.50.jpg
    Closeup ot 3.50.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 249
  • CPC Big.jpg
    CPC Big.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Buff Lamination.jpg
    Buff Lamination.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 201
Upvote 0
Can anyone venture a guess to age? I'm thinking maybe 50 or 60 years old but that's just a feeling

Upvote 0
Hope This Helps

Can anyone venture a guess to age? I'm thinking maybe 50 or 60 years old but that's just a feeling

Just in case you have not found any information on this ring yet:hourglass:!

There is a letter ‘T’ inside the stamp after the AB which tells me this ring was hallmarked in 1968. I may be wrong:flag_yellow: so please don't quote:exclamation: me 100%.
Fineness Karat Gold Content(%) Comments
417 10 41.7 Minimum US Standard

You can take this ring to your local jeweler and they can tell you everything they know about this ring.
The term "karat" (usually abbreviated as "k," "K," or "Kt") refers to the relative purity of gold; pure gold is 24 karats. "Karat" is different from "carat," which is a metric unit of weight for gemstones.

As for the CPC 350 that is hand engraved and appears to have no merit to the ring itself. It may be the original owners initials and what they paid for the ring? Just a hunch on that part. Never the less the jeweler can help ya.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't have a clue what it means...Looks like ABO 125 to me....jmho.....Neat find...HH

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back