Need Help with Custom Programs for XP Deus 2 (V1.1)

Gator Gold

Jan 24, 2015
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab SBC 2300, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello fellow detectorists,

My XP Deus 2 has been fantastic, however I’ve been struggling with creating custom programs after updating to the V1.1 software. Unfortunately, I lost my previous set of programs during the update.

I’m reaching out to see if anyone could share 3-4 solid programs that I can use in Central Florida. Specifically, I’m looking for:

1. A good silver coin program: Something that’s optimized for finding silver coins in various conditions.
2. Quick recovery program for iron-infested areas: A program that can handle sites with a lot of iron trash and still pick out the good targets.
3. Extreme depth program: One that maximizes depth detection for those deep, elusive targets.
4. A good relic program: Something tailored for finding old relics in diverse environments.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you can provide. Thank you in advance!

Happy hunting!

It sounds like you're describing the stock programs.

1. Deep HC
2. Fast
3. Deep HC
4. Relic

I have been using this Teckna program for awhile now.
Heavy iron and have tested on sites where I have been skunked repeatedly for nonferrous targets.
It really seems to sniff out the mid range targets that other programs have missed.
If the site is a little more quiet start lowering the reactivity as Gary states 3.
But at 3 one starts to loose depth.
I've even gone done to 1 these past few hunts.

Hello fellow detectorists,

My XP Deus 2 has been fantastic, however I’ve been struggling with creating custom programs after updating to the V1.1 software. Unfortunately, I lost my previous set of programs during the update.
That makes sense. The update page specifically cautions:
If you have created customised programs, we recommend that you make a note of them before the update so that you can re-enter them after the update.

If you use the stock or modified GOLD FIELD programs, you may want to consider updating to V2.0
Other Improvements introduced with V2.0:
  • Gold field program: Increased Sensitivity to small targets (low conductors).
  • Equalizer now functions with the Bone Conduction headphones.
Important notice:
  • Please ensure that BOTH your Remote Control and your wireless headphones WSAII (XL) / WS6 are updated to the same version for proper functioning.

That makes sense. The update page specifically cautions:

If you use the stock or modified GOLD FIELD programs, you may want to consider updating to V2.0
Thank you but I do not use either of those two programs. I’m looking for some custom programs that are an improvement over the factory ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back