Need HELP with BROOCH ?

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My son and I got together this morning for a few hours before Easter Dinner. What a great hunt it turned out to be. I can't take the credit for finding this great little beach. He found it on his own. He had found a 1933 Peace Dollar there the other day, I might add it was his first... He also had quite a few silver dimes and a couple of Indian Head penny's too. Yesterday, he called me and said that no matter what I was doing today, we had to hunt today. I took him up on his offer. I found some very cool items today. A nice Sterling Diamond Ring that turned out to be a CZ Stone. Three silver dimes, a buffalo Nickel, a few Wheaties an Indian Head Penny, Two nice buckles,and a VICTORIAN BROOCH of some kind. Can anyone date this baby for me. Maybe tell me how it was used or what was in it. Thanks for looking, WHYDAH

Attachments

• Nick\'s Beach (4).JPG
    Nick\'s Beach (4).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 211
  • Nick\'s Beach (5).JPG
    Nick\'s Beach (5).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Nick\'s Beach (2).JPG
    Nick\'s Beach (2).JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Nick\'s Beach (6).JPG
    Nick\'s Beach (6).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Nick\'s Beach.JPG
    Nick\'s Beach.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Nick\'s Beach (3).JPG
    Nick\'s Beach (3).JPG
    47 KB · Views: 157
Nice finds! Can you post a pic of the back of it, and maybe one showing the inside of what looks like a pocket? Breezie

Upvote 0
Looks like a tussie mussie ;D
'Posy holder' or 'Tussie mussie' ?
The posy holder is a lady's accessory in silver or other metal, resembling a small vase.

In earlier times before sanitation and concerns with personal hygiene, the nosegays were carried to superstitiously ward off disease or to camouflage the unpleasant smells of the street.

Later in the 19th and early 20th centuries they were romanticized as a fashion accessory for young ladies to hold the flowers brought by courting 'gentleman callers'.

http://www.silvercollection.it/posyholderr.html

Mike

Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
The posy holder is a lady's accessory in silver or other metal, resembling a small vase.

In earlier times before sanitation and concerns with personal hygiene, the nosegays were carried to superstitiously ward off disease or to camouflage the unpleasant smells of the street.

Later in the 19th and early 20th centuries they were romanticized as a fashion accessory for young ladies to hold the flowers brought by courting 'gentleman callers'.

Mike
Mike thanks so much for the help. I knew someone on here would know something about it . Whydah. Have a great day

Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:

Mike

Yep, way to go Mike! :thumbsup: I'd still like to see a pic of the back. Breezie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back