Need Help to Identify Item Please.

Aquitaine

Dec 8, 2021
British Columbia
I found this interesting piece at a thriftstore. I don't see any markings on it, and I'm curious as to what the main stone and the faceted one might be. I don't know if it's a pendant or was it to be a pin of some sort, and any thoughts if this might be custom made? It's quite heavy as well.
Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Pendant-01.jpg
    Pendant-01.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Pendant-02.jpg
    Pendant-02.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Pendant-03.jpg
    Pendant-03.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Pendant-04.jpg
    Pendant-04.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Pendant-05.jpg
    Pendant-05.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 35
Could it be blue opal? I think Plat and 18k pendant as well but just a guess. Look closer on the back for markings. They can hide, for sure.

Could it be blue opal? I think Plat and 18k pendant as well but just a guess. Look closer on the back for markings. They can hide, for sure.
I thought, maybe opal, when I first saw it.... but it started to look more azurite the closer I looked

well, it's a pretty little thing but it may not even be gold.... a quick trip to any jeweler will clear that up fast!

Lapis lazuli and aquamarine.
Does not appear antique, partly due to the complex construction of the top piece.
1727703283908.png

Lack of markings seems odd. I would think the maker of a custom piece would want to leave a makers mark of some type. Likewise if it were gold/silver, there should be something indicating k/f.

SWAG: Somewhat modern costume piece. Can't tell from a photo if stones are real or definite ID.

YMMV 😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back