Sep 5, 2012

Attachments

• image-3280649245.jpg
    image-3280649245.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3707467837.jpg
    image-3707467837.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 75
Not necessarily Nazi, before WWII that was used quite a bit as a decoration in the US. I have a Nabisco cracker tin with that on it, and it was also a Native American symbol.

Upvote 0
I found a badge with attachment blades similar to your good luck badge. I think that the blades were used to pin/mount the badge onto a flelt sach or banner. If you orientate your good luck badge so that the lines that I've superimposed on your photo are horizontal to the ground you will see that your swastika is horizontal to the ground and not at the nazi angle.

CAM00001.jpg

CAM00002.jpg

IMG_20151022_105226.jpg

Upvote 0
This is a closer line to orientate the badge horizontally to the ground:

IMG_20151022_111234.jpg

Upvote 0
10 years ago I acquired a large batch of older US military pins/insignia at a yard sale - one of the pins had a enameled Swastika, horizontal like yours.

My research showed it was used at Fort Huachuca in AZ (found in a old National Geo articles on military insignia.)

I had to summit this info to eBay to prove it wasn't Nazi before listing for sale.

Perhaps yours is from the fort also? Hope this helps - :)

Upvote 0
Neat find! What you have is a WW2 Nazi Party Leader Cap "cockade" It would have been part of a hat pin, worn by a party official. You see a lot of the military version which don't have the swastika, but the party stuff didn't survive in as great of numbers, since most people didn't want to be associated with the Nazis after the war....

nazicap.jpg

Upvote 0
It looks like your badge has some of the materials (yellow) that it was attached to still on it (mine did too until I unfolded the blades). And it looks like your badge has a keeper (blue) that has holes (white) in it that the blades on the badge (red) are threaded through. So to fix it you would poke the bladed through the material, then place the keeper over the blades, then fold the bladed\tabs over to lock into place.

IMG_20151022_112341.jpg

Upvote 0
Sorry no users here named "Nazi" that I am aware of...
Oh the item. :P

Upvote 0
Not a match IMO, first off we don't find nazi memorabilia very often over here, when we brought war prisoner over here we didn't allow them to have that contraband, and Germans had better construction:

2015-10-22-11-41-21-1.jpg

2015-10-22-11-42-01-1.jpg

Upvote 0
There are several different varieties, but I assure you that's exactly what it is, I've seen quite a few of them. If you clean up the keeper plate there should be an "RZM" mark on it. Also being a party piece, it wouldn't have been on a POW, it's likely a souvenir brought back by a vet and lost over the years....

cockade1.jpgcockade 2.jpgcockade3.jpgcockade4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back