Need help decoding Jesuit symbols

Oct 6, 2024

Attachments

• IMG_5009.jpeg
    IMG_5009.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 24
In trying to break codes I’ve seen the triangle in a circle represent the Christian Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Ghost, in unity/infinity of the circle). Which leads me to think this could be related to that, especially with the cross symbol next to it.

But I can’t understand how the square relates to it or find anything online where there is a square present.

I believe this to be a Jesuit symbol, maybe directions to a church treasure?
What makes you think it's Jesuit (vs. say... Freemason, Templar or something else?)
and if a/The Church did bury something (which I highly doubt), why would they go to such lengths rather than writing it down and keeping it in the church documents?

It is chiseled into rock on the coast of British Columbia in one of the many inlets. The geometry is %100 accurate and it’s evenly and fine chiseled like a mason would chisel a gravestone.
"The geometry is %100 accurate" What does that mean, and how do you know? Geometry of what?

Again, it seems like a lot of rigmarole when they could more easily write down, "Look for 3 boulders near the overlook north of Drake's Landing. In the center of the three, dig 2 fathoms to the chest."

For security, they could just as easily encode that, and it wouldn't be published out in the open for anyone to solve & find.

See picture attached
I know I complain about my eyes a lot, but it looks more like pencil on lined paper to me.

No offense, but a photo of the actual stone would be much better, and no possibility of error, omission, or misinterpretation.

What makes you think it's Jesuit (vs. say... Freemason, Templar or something else?)
and if a/The Church did bury something (which I highly doubt), why would they go to such lengths rather than writing it down and keeping it in the church documents?

"The geometry is %100 accurate" What does that mean, and how do you know? Geometry of what?

Again, it seems like a lot of rigmarole when they could more easily write down, "Look for 3 boulders near the overlook north of Drake's Landing. In the center of the three, dig 2 fathoms to the chest."

For security, they could just as easily encode that, and it wouldn't be published out in the open for anyone to solve & find.

I know I complain about my eyes a lot, but it looks more like pencil on lined paper to me.

No offense, but a photo of the actual stone would be much better, and no possibility of error, omission, or misinterpretation.

I believe this to be a Jesuit symbol, maybe directions to a church treasure?
It is chiseled into rock on the coast of British Columbia in one of the many inlets. The geometry is %100 accurate and it’s evenly and fine chiseled like a mason would chisel a gravestone. See picture attached

Attachments

• IMG_5010.jpeg
    IMG_5010.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 3

By %100 geometry I mean that the triangle, circle and square is equally centred

Moved thread to Treasure Marks/Signs forum to help.

Thanks for the photo.

I'm sorry, but this is not what I would call, "evenly and fine chiseled like a mason would chisel a gravestone". Competent, but crude.

Do an image search on some 400 year old gravestones, and you'll find 2 things:
  1. Much better craftsmanship, and
  2. Considerable erosion/weathering, which I don't see here either.
This suggests the carving may be much more recent.

The link doesn't even hint at treasure, Jesuits or any other religious group. What it does say is, "No one came up with any explanation."

The last 2 paragraphs pretty much sum it up:
We are truly impressed by the number of Chronicle readers wandering around in obscure, deserted MacKenzie Sound knocking the moss off that particular rock. Your friends are the fourth party to claim discovery since Mr. Zablosky's photograph appeared in our second issue. The only person to offer a positive opinion as to the carving's meaning and origin so far is Tom Hudson of Campbell River, who states:

These signs are to be found all over the world, where they were spread by the wise men of each age, as a reminder of the basic principles essential to every form of life including man.
IOW, it's not a map; I think it's an early version of "Killroy was here!" :laughing7:

The number 3 is often symbolized to represent Perfect God. Usually signified by an equilateral triangle.
The number 4 often symbolizes Imperfect man and is represented by a square. It may also be representational of a Rough Ashlar; a stone that needs more work to be perfected. The cross kind of speaks for itself. I’d see Scottish Rite or York Rite Masonry as a possibility for the source of these. See if this helps you see the significance of the circle. 👍🏼

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back