need help building a dredge

NoSoupForYou

May 2, 2013
First question; do you have any experience using a dredge?

I have a powerhorse 2 inch semi trash pump. I've got it sort of working in terms of suction but realize I need more pressure. My question is, can I put a centrifugal dredge pump on that motor? And what would be a good size pump or recommended pump for that motor? Its 208 cc which I believe e is 9 HP.

Your engine at 208cc is about 8 to 9 gross torque and right around 6 horsepower depending on manufacturer (205, 208 or 212 cc are between 5.5 and 6 hp).

Yes I have a little experience dredging. I have some property on coker creek and my neighbor does dredging in the creek. So would this Keene 350gpm pump for 5 HP or greater motors be my best bet? Its got 2 1/2 in and 2 out. Something like 200 ft head lift if I remember correctly. I have a mechanic friend who can help me mount everything together properly. So, will this pump work well with my power horse motor? Or should I just build a high banker and use my pump for that? I have a backhoe and can dig and do some strip mining. Or would dredging the creek find me more gold.

The direct mount will be much simpler. IF you use a free-standing pump you have to mount it near the engine and use a drive belt, which is just one more thing that can break in the field. You would probably be best with a Keene p180 size of pump for a 200cc engine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back