SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once again guys I don't know a year frame on this. I'm sorry I don't have a pic of the back ill take one later when I get home. My friend dug this in a high activity civil war site. I bought it from him because its a local piece. I believe post-CW. Still a beautiful button. I believe it says Scoville Waterbury on the back but I'm not 100% positive. Thanks for looking!

image-2313954551.jpg

Ok, from looking at the position of the eagle wings and the raised crest your button is post civil war. Those were made starting in about 1876 and continued until they started making the great seal button in 1902.

Upvote 0
Ok, from looking at the position of the eagle wings and the raised crest your button is post civil war. Those were made starting in about 1876 and continued until they started making the great seal button in 1902.

Ok thank you!

Upvote 0
lower part of your pic is a lead powder can stopper,and appears to be the "press in style",which is pre - 1860,is it an E.I. Dupont?

Upvote 0
lower part of your pic is a lead powder can stopper,and appears to be the "press in style",which is pre - 1860,is it an E.I. Dupont?

That's an overalls button from the turn of the century. 1890-1910. It has a train on it. It's from the charleston Atlanta railroad.

image-424263967.jpg

Upvote 0
yep,your right....
I thought it was one of these...archives 2150.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back