FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, its been a while since the last time I had a chance to get out.? I figured I would take FULL advantage of my days off, so I decided to take the detector out today.? I walked about a half mile through the woods to a site that I have hunted a lot over the past couple of years hoping to find some stuff that I missed, and sure enough I got a solid signal in a hole that I had already dug.? I pulled out some more dirt and out popped a nice colonial coin button with "Super Fine, London" on the back of it.? There is still some of the silver plate left on it.? After about an hour of searching, I still had not found anything more so I decided to walk to another site close by.? I walked to the ruins of a burnt down house that was built in 1826 and started swinging the detector.? I got quite a few good signals, but almost all of them turned out to be old beer and soda cans.? After a while I pulled out the nice cap gun barrel.? I went around to the east side of the house and pulled out the .22 caliber cartridge, the buckles with leather, and the "1961 Indiana Dog Tax" dog tag!? That is my first dog tag, so I was quite suprised to find it.? The car was one of the last things that I pulled out today.? I found the .38 S&W cartridge and the two bullet points (.36 or .38 caliber) were found on the drive way.? Anyways, I think it was a pretty good day of detecting and a great day off! ;) HH!

Fox

Attachments

• 30505finds1.jpg
    30505finds1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 290
  • 30505finds2.jpg
    30505finds2.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0
Foxhound,
Very nice finds there for a days hunt. Looks like going back to old spots pays off huh?

49er

Really nice finds! You just never know what the next signals gonna be. Jim Cal

I think everyone has been burned by the finding more treasure in the same hole trick at least once, good thing you checked it out. Very nice stuff!

Dudes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back