NC FOLKS

Asheville nc
Just got a new metal detector haven't used it yet
Also I'm a rock hound
Used to live I. The motherload Ca

Charlotte/Mint Hill, NC

I have been prospecting for 45 years and Metal detecting for 35 years. Owner of Gold Rush Guys.

I'd also like to invite everyone to the Matthews,NC GPAA Chapter meetings the 2nd Tuesday of every month.

The next meeting will be Feb. 13th @ 7:30 PM, however come early and meet everyone.

PLEASE don't let the name fool you. We meet in Kannapolis, NC!

ALSO!

Metal Detecting Association of the Carolinas (MDAC)

Meetings are held at the Matthews Community Center in downtown Matthews, NC on
the 4th Tuesday of each month and start at 7:00 pm.

Great people with a wealth of metal detecting knowledge!

Last edited:
Roxboro NC.. Just ordered a Ace 250 from Kellyco.. Cant wait for warmer weather... anyone local....

Well, it's my turn. I just joined this forum 2 days ago. I'm in Rowan County. Just moved here from Mooresville. I just got my first pans this week and hoping to get started soon. Eventually, I want to get into metal detectors. I am also into SCUBA, camping, survivalism, and a whole bunch of other things. Time is short for me because we have 5 kids (combined). I read through the thread and saw there were others in the Salisbury/Statesville area. When the weather warms up a bit, we might have to get together and try some of this treasure hunting.

Well, it's my turn. I just joined this forum 2 days ago. I'm in Rowan County. Just moved here from Mooresville. I just got my first pans this week and hoping to get started soon. Eventually, I want to get into metal detectors. I am also into SCUBA, camping, survivalism, and a whole bunch of other things. Time is short for me because we have 5 kids (combined). I read through the thread and saw there were others in the Salisbury/Statesville area. When the weather warms up a bit, we might have to get together and try some of this treasure hunting.

Welcome Wild Boar!

I wish I could still dive. We'd head down to Florida and look for sunken treasure! I bought a couple of these for my store, but secretly, wished I could use one. LOL

View attachment 737759

(I sold my original Garrrett Sea Hunter underwater detector. Hated to sell it, but it wasn't doing any good sitting in the corner.)

Again, welcome!

Welcome Wild Boar!

I wish I could still dive.

Why can't you dive now?

(I sold my original Garrrett Sea Hunter underwater detector. Hated to sell it, but it wasn't doing any good sitting in the corner.)

My mother-in-law is a master diver and was living in Key West. She had a boyfriend that cheated on her, and she ended up selling all his tools and his underwater detector. I told her I wanted it, but she sold it.

Kinston, NC here been mding a couple years and just started prospecting a little

Why can't you dive now?

My mother-in-law is a master diver and was living in Key West. She had a boyfriend that cheated on her, and she ended up selling all his tools and his underwater detector. I told her I wanted it, but she sold it.

Paraplegic. I've been in a wheelchair for 7 years now.

I know there are paraplegic divers out there. (There was an aritcle in Lost Treasure magazine about a pair that discovered a hoard of silver off Florida about 10 years ago.)

I still have a few of my old masks, but sold off everything else.

Hello everyone live outside of fayetteville Ming for about a year now happy hunting

Elkin 28621, using a Garrett CXIII, new in 1996 was the top of the line.....does alright, just ordered a F75, cant wait for just a break in the weather!

Greensboro, NC here.

Enjoying MD & Treasure Hunting.

This started as an interest amongst our 5 children.
We got involved b/c of their excitement, how well they all got along researching & "dreaming" big and of course, spending
FUN-quality time with them!!
Now, I can honestly say....I think all 7 of us have developed an obsession with looking for the unknown...and the idea of finding something spectacular!

Garner! Very near to Raleigh if anyone is near to me and wants to go on an exploration adventure :) let me know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back