NC Field Hunter hunt - VA / NC

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Went down to visit NC field hunter a couple of weeks ago. Super cool guy, went out of his way to help out a stranger new to the area. He showed me a handful of areas down in his neck of the woods. We hunted nearly all day - this was the hunt from which he posted a two colored unhafted knife, a rough flint blade and a great flint thumbnail scraper. I was lucky enough to find a quartz morrow mountain which is awesome because it is such a classic material and type for the area. Also got a great little stemmed point, looks like a true arrowhead to me. At the first spot NC finds it, tosses it to me and say 'keep it'. I tried to give it back but he refused, so I have a great gift from a really cool dude (once he said he was an Eddie Vedder fan I knew everything was going to be just find).

I really appreciate the hunt, had a great time and look forward to doing it again.

Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

• P1100431.JPG
    P1100431.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0
NC field hunter said:
Please do! That's only about 20 min. From me! If you know where the land fill is on 158, their is a marked quarry there. The land fill is about to destroy. Sad sad sad!

I haven't heard about that, that stinks... Ill send you a PM next time I'm around, will likely be near Christmas

mangum said:
I haven't heard about that, that stinks... Ill send you a PM next time I'm around, will likely be near Christmas

I can't legally get into the quarry, but I know they are really close to it with dozers. I wander if Chief Otis went with us if they would say anything? I really doubt they would. I'll talk to Otis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back