N. Georgia gold......

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spent 3 hours on the creek with my son and this is what I got! His take was about the same....

DSC06850_zps4b5c6388.jpg

DSC06848_zpscbd040bf.jpg

Upvote 0
Not bad at all for a quick trip! Any day there's gold in your pan is a good day! Hope you go back and get much more! Thanks for sharing!

Yep! That's some Cherokee County yellow stuff right there! I feel like I am starting to get the feel for it and every time I go out I am finding a little bigger and a little more......

Yep! That's some Cherokee County yellow stuff right there! I feel like I am starting to get the feel for it and every time I go out I am finding a little bigger and a little more......

.....and that's what it's about jimbo :-)

Wheres the closest place to Chattanooga to pan for gold. I go there occasionally and would like to do a little after work panning...

You missed a three pound nugget by less than an inch, but you will get it next time! That is what I keep telling myself--of course I can be convinced for just about any plan!

What are some good creeks to go? I've been to blankets and sixes. Good color. Got my first pickers a month ago

All the creeks around Alatoona are good. If you want to hook up sometime I like to go to Proctor.

Where you located? I like Owl Creek too. Big quartz viens busting out the banks!

Which is proctor I've been on a few creeks up in that area but could not tell you the names, I do know owl creek. Need to go back

Proctor Creek is in Downtown Acworth off Main Street. Access through Kenworth Park. Yes I like Owl Creek too.

I thought it was. The last time I was there some sewer work was being done up stream and it smelled like it was being dumped in the creek needless to say I did not hang around

That looks great, it always fuels you up for the next time. I've also learned don't be afraid to try creeks and streams that typically aren't known as having gold. It possible no one has looked for it there yet. I have recently seen a good amount of platinum conning from southeast Tennessee. I would have never thought of going platinum prospecting, lol. Good Luck!

Cool! Hit me up if you are in the area and maybe we can hook up. Me and my son will surely be in a creek this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back