mystery item found

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found this at a site 8 inches in the ground site items found so far range from 1740-1900 this item has a snake wrapped around a arrow with two eagle wings on the bottom has a hook at the top shaped like a knife and is green in color indicating copper or brass its size 2 inchs long and 3/4 inches wide . can any one help identify this . Also found was a coin size object with a pie shaped peice cut out of it with a pin through the middle and a peice that looks like it turns and on one side has what looks like the days of the week written on lines and the other side is not legable . Any help is appreciated can reply here or to [email protected]
thanks
James

Attachments

• snake.JPG
    snake.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 635
The design elements appear to be early medical. Snake, arrow, wings. Maybe some sort of early medical instrument??

Does the inside edge of the hook appear to have been honed at some point in time?

Jim

Upvote 0
Is it broken? ...or is this the whole piece? A picture of the back will help us and also a pic of the other item would be nice, along with a coin for size.

Oh, welcome to the forum.

Upvote 0
EggyOG said:
With that notch opposite the hook, it looks kind of like a bottle opener.
My first thought also.
Here is pic of back from other post. It looks like it swivels?

Attachments

• mystery item back.jpg
    mystery item back.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0
What do you Think ?
Close ?

saxon.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm guessing it’s a watch fob from some kind of fraternal order. Victorian renaissance era. They used lots of Egyptian type imagery back then. The winged serpent and the arrow were popular motifs.

The clasp is/was some kind of "sister hook". Two halves interlock to make a loop. One half of yours is obviously missing.

Just guessing…

DCMatt

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back