Mysterious black ring appears in the sky over Williamsburg

That is freaking WILD! ???

Chip in camera lense?

Wow...that is trippy looking. Bees looking for a new home?
houston we have a problem.jpeg

I don't know what a "monthly genset start" is :icon_scratch:

but smoke ring doesn't explain the clouds coming and going
but it never lost shape

It "appears" to be low so maybe a huge swarm of some type insect(s)...? I'm with Jeff as I don't know what a "monthly genset start" is either...?

Sorry Blackfoot58... I'm backing off the "A flock of geese that watched the Olympic Synchronized Swimming."

I don't know what a "monthly genset start" is :icon_scratch:

but smoke ring doesn't explain the clouds coming and going
but it never lost shape

Every modern large generator(genset)has an automatic start and run cycle. Some have weekly or bimonthly.
It's usually set to run 15 to 30min every month.

I have personally seen a hard start diesel genset make a smoke ring. Not this big, but I was also much closer to it.

What do you mean by clouds coming and going?
I see different shot angles from different people in different areas.

Last edited:

What do you mean by clouds coming and going?
I see different shot angles from different people in different areas.
The Cover Shot , Sky is blue at that time, Just minor clouds in the Sky. By the time the one person in the Video snapped theirs
there was a lot of clouds .
they could not have been taken simultaneously , the clouds are higher and would be seen to all.

i would say even minor winds should have effected a ring that thin.

in my opinion it is a solid object , perhaps with a clear center to keep it uniform

The Cover Shot , Sky is blue at that time, Just minor clouds in the Sky. By the time the one person in the Video snapped theirs
there was a lot of clouds .
they could not have been taken simultaneously , the clouds are higher and would be seen to all.

i would say even minor winds should have effected a ring that thin.

in my opinion it is a solid object , perhaps with a clear center to keep it uniform
Maybe...? But the ring isn't a perfect circle and "minor winds" would just move it very slowly in its uniform original shape. If the particles are oil "soaked" their heavy and will stay low. The winds blow at way different speeds depending upon altitude. Somebody had to track this and watch it dissipate slowly like a jet stream.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back