Myself & Intro

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Myself & Intro

Here is my mug, intro and a few more pics.

I guess you could say myself is part of a long generation of farmers/ranchers. I haven't farmed or ranched totally as I did spend a few years being away. No it wasn't prison. lol 22 years as a squid in the U S Navy. Hope all you Air Force and Army folks don't hold that against me too long. :tongue3: lol. I know how blessed we are as Americans and members of the USA for I have lived all over the world, seen many things good and bad, and visited many places. Wish I had been more into Mding back then. I was into history and have many items I picked up here and there.
I grew up in Florida along the banks of the St Johns river in what was a booming a little town. I am the last family I guess from that era that still owns property and lives here. I have had lots of pets from doggies, squirrels, armadillos, coons, cows, horses, pigs, snakes and a 4 foot gator. The gator didn't last long as my mom made me get rid of it once she found it in my bathtub. lol I can still remember her having no sense of humor about it.
I raise a few head of cows mostly and a couple of horses. I am planning a trip to Oregon someday to get a couple of kiger mustangs if I ever get lucky enough be one of the names they draw yearly.
My passions and hobbies are many one of which is Mding and the discovery it brings. I am also into restoring old things from homes, cars, motorcycles etc. Nothing better than to take something run down and return her back to her prime. On any given day I could be out riding my motorcycle or biking, swimming, diving, hiking, fishing, hunting treasures, building something, or saving memories with photography.
I am presently in NW Florida working and travel back and forth frequently to my home of which I am rebuilding still from the hurricanes a few years ago.

Attachments

• l_f1686b57d7607df9bf9acac6b509e596.jpg
    l_f1686b57d7607df9bf9acac6b509e596.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,180
  • sunset in sky.jpg
    sunset in sky.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,104
  • suka.jpg
    suka.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,144
  • sassybeebee.jpg
    sassybeebee.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 123006BWBayDockSunrise.jpg
    123006BWBayDockSunrise.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,219
  • shuttle atlantis.jpg
    shuttle atlantis.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,179
  • hdbikelrg1.jpg
    hdbikelrg1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,239
Re: Myself

Welcome aboard! Glad to put a face to the name. Wishing I was down south myself right about now, only 20° here at the moment. -Ben

well its nice to see what my 'new friend' looks like! Nice pic!

Welcome to Mugs and you are right...Its great to put a face to the name. Been enjoying your posts and comments.

Thank you all for your kind words, God has blessed me with many things which one is the honor and true privy to meet such a great class of folks.

Re: Myself & Intro

Nice to see ya!!! My hubby is "old" Florida too. As a matter of fact, we're getting ready to move out to Christmas to his childhood home where they've raised cattle and had horses, dogs, etc. My boys are excited about it cuz they'll have about 50 acres to run their 4-wheeler on! Looking forward to more of your posts!

vicki

cool stay in touch, your in my prayers for your shoulder k, Christmas you moving far from there?

BEF,

Great to see ya! Been chatting with you for a while and really enjoy our fun time in chat. So seeing who we're chatting with really makes it more realistic. Love your Harley and the sunrise pic (so peaceful) and your little dogs.

;) RR

WelcomeBB.jpg

Bravo.jpg

Attachments

• WelcomeBB.jpg
    WelcomeBB.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,021
  • Bravo.jpg
    Bravo.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,035

Hello....it's nice to have a face with a name. Great pictures. Thank you for sharing.

lol always salute the ensign and so far been forunate not even came close to walking a plank yet but time will tell

Welcome aboard Mate, we old 'Dog face's don't hold any resentment against 'anchor clankers', :P, thanks for your service to our country.

Fossis............

Nice to see your face. I've been enjoying your post and if you get tired of that Harley, you could send it up here to Tennessee, I would take good care of her for you. LOL Sounds like you got it figured out, small town, land, cows and horses God's Country. I wouldn't give you 2 cents for city living. I have a little place out in the country and raise some miniature horses and love the peace and quiet.

where you at in Tn? I am coming up to Hohenwald (Lewis county) to see some old friends (that are more like family) this spring. I have her parked and stripped down right now getting a new dress on (paint) and redoing her top end since the tank is off. That will pretty much do it for her restore other than new shoes for her to roll on. I don't know if you want her for she is a shovelhead and they like any lady needs tender loving care.

Fossis TY too I have enjoyed reading your finds and discoveries on here

I live in Alexandria Tn about 125 miles out of Hohenwald, I love Hohenwald it is near the Natchez Trace Pkwy. This is the route of the Lewis and Clarke Expedition. Hohenwald has a ton of history make sure to bring a detector when you come.

Oh I will for sure the family I am seeing their son and I were in the Navy together. They kinda of adopted me when I was there while stationed in Memphis. A few very old homesites on their own property. Back then I was more interested in girls than huntin treasures.

Welcome to Muggs ;D

TW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back