My wild neighbors

TLH,cool pic !what kind of hummer's are the ones in your pic.? Are they the same as the one with the orange tail ? Around these part's we only have the rubythroated variety.I never see more than one at a time at my feeder if another shows up they chase each other off ! I've been tryin for years to get a decent photo of one but there just to darned fast !That and my camera could sell on ebay as "vintage digital" ;D

kieser sousa the brown ones are called a Rufus humming bird, and there kinda common in Colorado, but the most common are the ruby throated ones like you have. And yes they fight all the time [ you would think they were all married] the secret is to put up more than one feeder.When I get my computer put back together [ I had to reformat it this morning]I'll give you some of the super secret tricks that I use to get decent hummingbird pictures,I don't have much time now but the main secret trick is to take 3000 pictures and throw away 2999 of them, and never ever let anyone see all the pictures with nothing but a beak and a toenail in them. ;D

TLH said:
I don't have much time now but the main secret trick is to take 3000 pictures and throw away 2999 of them, and never ever let anyone see all the pictures with nothing but a beak and a toenail in them. ;D

LMAO, how true.

Enjoyed your post alot.

TLH said:
kieser sousa the brown ones are called a Rufus humming bird, and there kinda common in Colorado, but the most common are the ruby throated ones like you have. And yes they fight all the time [ you would think they were all married] the secret is to put up more than one feeder.When I get my computer put back together [ I had to reformat it this morning]I'll give you some of the super secret tricks that I use to get decent hummingbird pictures,I don't have much time now but the main secret trick is to take 3000 pictures and throw away 2999 of them, and never ever let anyone see all the pictures with nothing but a beak and a toenail in them. ;D
Thanks ! I was thinking of putting up a couple more feeders.I also have alot of hummer frendly flowers growing.It sure would be nice if we had some of the other varieties around here,there pretty impressive !

Excellent pics, TLH. Love those hummers, they keep me busy. I got the flowers & feeders.
The deer & elk...W :o W!!

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back