My Second 1700s Silver!!!

ekeisler

Apr 6, 2013
Recently got onto a great colonial homesite that saw some late civil war action. My first 1700s silver came from this site and it was a 1798 8 reale (see previous thread for picture.) I got out for about an hour before dark. I was walking back to my bicycle (I live that close to the site) when I got a nice signal. I had discrimination on minimum so it could've been anything. I turned the discrimination to iron and it repeated still. I popped the plug and was feeling blindly around in the dirt (the sun had set) and felt what I thought was a button. I wiped the dirt off and saw that familiar face. I was staring into the face of a 1776 2 reale!!! I was so happy and freaked out. I found it about 15 feet from the 8 reale. Thanks for looking and happy hunting! I'll include the 8 reale pictures too.

image-3374103069.jpg

image-3005111335.jpg

image-2816647692.jpg

image-295268411.jpg

Upvote 25
Excellent find. Congratulations on a nice coin

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

That is one beautiful coin - congrats man... I would run around like a mental patient if I had pulled that one out of the ground!:headbang:

Nice starter coins for Spanish Silver - Two-bit and a piece-of-eight. Congrats!

That is one beautiful coin - congrats man... I would run around like a mental patient if I had pulled that one out of the ground!:headbang:
I tried to contain myself so I wouldn't scare any neighbors!

Wow very good find!!!! And I wonder who lost it. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 1798 is amazing, never seen one in such great condition. :thumbsup: Besides the damage its in amazing shape !! 8-)

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back