My Second 1700s Silver!!!

ekeisler

Apr 6, 2013
Recently got onto a great colonial homesite that saw some late civil war action. My first 1700s silver came from this site and it was a 1798 8 reale (see previous thread for picture.) I got out for about an hour before dark. I was walking back to my bicycle (I live that close to the site) when I got a nice signal. I had discrimination on minimum so it could've been anything. I turned the discrimination to iron and it repeated still. I popped the plug and was feeling blindly around in the dirt (the sun had set) and felt what I thought was a button. I wiped the dirt off and saw that familiar face. I was staring into the face of a 1776 2 reale!!! I was so happy and freaked out. I found it about 15 feet from the 8 reale. Thanks for looking and happy hunting! I'll include the 8 reale pictures too.

image-3374103069.jpg

image-3005111335.jpg

image-2816647692.jpg

image-295268411.jpg

Upvote 25
nice 2 reale! I've only found one of those type reales. Real thrill though! :)

nice 2 reale! I've only found one of those type reales. Real thrill though! :)
It's only my 3rd silver coin. All of TNT silver coins were found when I was walking back to get a drink or leave!

Very nice , hope I get to cross that off my "Buck List" someday! Most likely will never happen out here.

Awesome! My first 2 Spanish were 1782 2 Reales. Love the big Spanish silvers. Great design on those coins

It's only my 3rd silver coin. All of TNT silver coins were found when I was walking back to get a drink or leave!

Weird..my first silver ANYTHING..was a nice silver ring I found while making a bee-line back to the car as I was done for the day..swinging in a straight line on the way to the parking lot when I got that familiar 84-85 signal indicating a quarter..though it did stay pretty steady at 85 and didn't move much..but out popped a beautiful silver ring..WOOT WOOT nice way to finish the day!! first silver..first ring..ddf

FANTASTIC finds! Congratulations!

-Buck

Awesome find! Congratulations!! Woooohoooo!!!!!!!!

a lot of us can only dream of these kinds of coins

Wow, they are so beautiful!

wow i want one; my sites here in naples florida are giving up pull tabs and melted cans from the homeless

Wow, wow and wow.... Beautiful. Awesome.... What a find, congratulations....

Nice it's in great shape too! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back