Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are the finds I made yesterday at a Nevada mining ghost town. Not much in the way of coins, only two wheat cents, 1911 and 1940.
The milkglass jar was down about 6 inches. The wood and steel piece center, near the top is odd. Maybe a paintbrush? :dontknow:
The aluminum lid on the right says "Mariner". No idea what that was from.
IMG_7426.jpg
IMG_7427.jpg

Upvote 32
These are the finds I made yesterday at a Nevada mining ghost town. Not much in the way of coins, only two wheat cents, 1911 and 1940.
The milkglass jar was down about 6 inches. The wood and steel piece center, near the top is odd. Maybe a paintbrush? :dontknow:
The aluminum lid on the right says "Mariner". No idea

View attachment 2161357View attachment 2161358
Hey you got some great stuff yesterday. It was a fun day right. We need to visit again.

Nice variety of finds. I have found a couple of those "Shirley President" clips myself on different hunts. Congrats of them all. Thanks for sharing.

Some history regarding your Shirley President pieces which were produced by the C.A. Edgarton Manufacturing Company (opened in 1882, became known as the President Suspender Company around 1900) in Shirley, Massachusetts (hence the name).
Don in SoCal

Some history regarding your Shirley President pieces which were produced by the C.A. Edgarton Manufacturing Company (opened in 1882, became known as the President Suspender Company around 1900) in Shirley, Massachusetts (hence the name).
Don in SoCal
Thanks Don, you're incredible at finding this stuff out, much appreciated!

nice assortment of finds, looks like fun

Opps I ment above the rivets.. kinda looks like a buckle??
Not sure, some kind of decorative piece, but very flimsy. Too delicate for a buckle I think.

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back