My One Cent, Two Cent and 50 Cents worth from the weekend

coinshooterpa

Aug 19, 2007
South Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro/White's MXT 300/White's XLT/ Minelab Excal II/Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I headed up to my camp this weekend with my cousin to do some md'ing at a couple spots i thought were old home sites. I managed to find a 1801 bust cent, 1864 2 cent piece, 1937 standing liberty half and a couple wheaties, 1920 being the newest. My cousin got a 1900 o barber dime and 4 wheaties, 1936 being the newest. I also found a coiled timber rattler at the base of a tree..That'll wake you up. This is my first post of hopefully many more to come...

Attachments

• 1801 bust cent front.jpg
    1801 bust cent front.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 922
  • 1801 bust cent back.jpg
    1801 bust cent back.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 920
Upvote 0
SWEET! Must be a great place. Hope you will be going back soon.

Cspa: Sweet finds! 1801 bust cent....simply incredible! Keep digging and posting those great finds.

HH

I really appreciate all the positive feedback... I was hootin' and hollerin' after all three of the finds..It was soooo nice to be md'ing with someone when you make good finds..Gives you someone to rub it into....and the snake did live, I'm not sure why because I carry when I detect in the woods. My feelings normally are a good snake is a dead snake. I actually drew a bead on him, but i let him be. I was only exploring at the time I saw him not swingin'. Thanks again fellow detector dudes...

great finds coin shooter the draped bust would have woke me up the rattler would have kept me up nights congrats and hh

1) 1864 2-Cent - Found one last year, but yours is in better condition / more detail.

2) Walker half - Like Barber anythings, Seated anythings, I haven't found one. I'd get 'em in change as a kid (I'm real old).

3) Large Cent in xlnt cond. compared to most dug ones - I WANT A LARGE CENT.

Translation: GREAT HUNT!! That's a hell of a take for a day's hunting.
Like the stuff Nash found, you packed a few months' worth of stellar coin finds into one day.

:o Whoa!!! :o Those finds are fantastic! 8)

Snakes=no hunting in the woods for Nana till fall. :-\ Be careful out there!

Welcome to Tnet!! Nana :)

Terrific first post. Welcome aboard. OK, between you and Nash finding all that old stuff I'm a little embarrased at my clad & trinket finds. I just may have to find some old stuff myself. ;D

You got some beautiful finds there, a big congrats on the super finds !!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:o :o :o Three oldies and all in one hunt. Your a killer with that machine. Thanks for the post, I have almost forgoten what a really old coin looks like any more. Welcome to Tnet and thanks for letting that snake live, after all, you were in his neck of the woods. :D
HH and man, you got to keep them finds coming!

Desertfox

That is one nice looking large cent, even the 2 center is in good shape. Looks like your soil is kind to the coppers, very nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back