Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've always wanted a nice shooting bench but never took the time to build one. Last year I dismantled my old 30 yr. old large deck (built new one) and recycled some old wood. Today I got help moving it up to the new deck and got to try it out....! It works great and is very stable. The old wood was cleaned up and planed, stained and has 3 coats of a marine sealant.

I had fun shooting the .22 rifle you see and trying out (again) the different ammo thru it. I can't believe the difference in all the ammo including the "high end" ammo I've shot thru this rifle. I ordered another brick of Eley Force today which this rifle "seems" to like. It's a Texan built KIDD rifle all tricked out. It's based on a Ruger 10/22 but on steroids. It's topped with a Strike Eagle scope.

For those of you folks who like shooting your .22 or ANY rifle and don't have a shooting bench.... please take the time to build one or buy one. Much more user friendly then anything else to shoot from. I wish I would have built one YEARS ago now....! Just thought I'd share mine and advise.

Attachments

• Shooting Bench.jpg
    Shooting Bench.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 18
I've always wanted a nice shooting bench but never took the time to build one. Last year I dismantled my old 30 yr. old large deck (built new one) and recycled some old wood. Today I got help moving it up to the new deck and got to try it out....! It works great and is very stable. The old wood was cleaned up and planed, stained and has 3 coats of a marine sealant.

I had fun shooting the .22 rifle you see and trying out (again) the different ammo thru it. I can't believe the difference in all the ammo including the "high end" ammo I've shot thru this rifle. I ordered another brick of Eley Force today which this rifle "seems" to like. It's a Texan built KIDD rifle all tricked out. It's based on a Ruger 10/22 but on steroids. It's topped with a Strike Eagle scope.

For those of you folks who like shooting your .22 or ANY rifle and don't have a shooting bench.... please take the time to build one or buy one. Much more user friendly then anything else to shoot from. I wish I would have built one YEARS ago now....! Just thought I'd share mine and advise.
Now that's right nice.
Greatly appreciate your sharing it.
Now to put it on the want list.

Ok butthead... I'm not a English major. I'm building pepperj one now (tons of wood left!) You don't get one now. Maybe later.... And that's a MAYBE sir. Well probably....? :laughing7:
Got lucky and found a well used workbench for the new pole barn.

last wood involved project was a base for a water transfer pump before I rebuilt the pump.
the pump liked to walk around when the engine was running. Plus dirt and mud potential. More so because I'm eyeing a swamp application. So platform /base it is.
Never mind how it looks.
But draining the oil and removing fasteners to take the pump apart were not helped by the %#@* !!! wood platform!!

I use a monoped shooting sick when not using a window to shoot.
A purchased , not built by me shooting stick.
There's a good reason I didn't build it.

You want square , plumb and flush?
I'm not your guy.

My shooting bench. Built 30 yrs ago. Legs are hedge.View attachment 2172342
That surely will work just fine. The bench doesn't have to be fancy to be functional. I just wanted one that was large enough to hold my spotting scope and a couple of rifles. Once I got started I couldn't shut down the ol' thinker. I added a shallow left / right tray to put spent shells in or any tools. Then... (why not) I added a shallow back tray for whatever. Mine is gonna stay on this new deck under a roof with a ceiling fan overhead. I got 2 targets set up. A 25 yd. and 50 yd.

I have fun shooting with other folks. Comparing rifles, ammo and expertise is a blast. I put in a 4 ounce trigger pull to try out today. I used an 8 ounce yesterday and IT"S TOUCHY as hell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back