My names tim and i have a problem

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Reminds me of a poem I once wrote..... Gold Fever by GoodyGuy~ I've a sickness that can't be cured And a fever that can't be broken I must find gold or as feared I'll burst and I'm not joke'n The only thing that'll fulfill my dream and keep me from gettin' old Is bein out there on any ol' stream and pannin' some precious Gold I'll hunt and pan and sluice all year and when the truth be told The only cure that I'll hold dear, is when I hit that motherlode. GG~

I want to know where you are panning gold for you can invite me lol

Im usually panning dirt "/

I want to know where you are panning gold for you can invite me lol Im usually panning dirt "/
LoL, good one! And a good point, I pan dirt in the hopes of finding gold I guess! Sure would be fun to pan gold sometime :-D

These terms i think give people more the "gold fever"

People here in d.r say some when they see you prospecting that you are washing gold, but boy wish i was.

I want to know where you are panning gold for you can invite me lol

Im usually panning dirt "/

I think I see the problem......
You must be using a dust pan instead of a gold pan. :tongue3:

Ok my poetic license expired so I changed the poem to read "Pannin' for yellow Gold"

GG~

I think I see the problem...... You must be using a dust pan instead of a gold pan. lol Ok my poetic license expired so I changed the poem to read "Pannin' for yellow Gold" GG~

Lol ahaha..

I wish in every pan i could say im panning gold.

Yeah is good to make things clear to newbes.
They probably leave thier job to go pan some gold instead lol

Lol ahaha.. I wish in every pan i could say im panning gold. Yeah is good to make things clear to newbes. They probably leave thier job to go pan some gold instead lol
oh, is THAT why so many newbies think they can get rich digging for gold their first year?!?!

oh, is THAT why so many newbies think they can get rich digging for gold their first year?!?!

Hey havent you seen how bright that gold looks in Gold Rush it even motivates me who already know whats require to find good gold. What about those that dont? They'll go nuts wanting to go pick some gold out of the dirt .

I know im not going to get rich. Im any of us with a million dollars and a discovery film crew and a good claim. Im sure ill end up like steve on bering sea gold. Kicking the rocks around wondering why i didnt have good in my tenth pan lol

While watching gold fever tonight i noticed it seemed like toms gold was real shinny almost like it was polished where most the videos i have watched on youtube have a real like matt or dall finish

The color of the gold depends on it's source. Some is amazingly clean and shiny...others are rusty or even black with staining.

The color of the gold depends on it's source. Some is amazingly clean and shiny...others are rusty or even black with staining.

I have found both or did i dirty my own gold having it in a bottle with some black sand. But The video they show have effects that makes it look like it has a painted gloss to it. It also darken the gold color rather then having that bright light yellow color. I dont know but thats what i could see unless thier gold haves a high percentage of copper.

Storing gold with black sand would not typically stain it.

Storing gold with black sand would not typically stain it.
I dont know the water looked very red. I thought the black sand actually dirty it. But i end up cleaning cause they didnt want to buy it . I cleaned it with sodium hydroxy and it was shinny once again but compare to some other gold i had it was'nt as shinny.

I know im not going to get rich. Im any of us with a million dollars and a discovery film crew and a good claim.

That's funny... Hoffman had "all of the above" and he's still batting zero %. Could it be that he's that unlucky? (Even a blind pig finds an acorn from time to time.) Could it be that he's got bad equipment? Nawww He's go the best equipment that Discovery can buy. Ahhh... I know now! He just don't frickin know what he's doing!!!!! Prof Hoffman will be conducting classes in how NOT to run a placer operation on a TV channel near you!

Haha very true. They didnt do to bad last year

Not quite sure when my problem started but it magnified when I was panning for black sand with the kids in the creek behind my house and I found gold instead. This creek is not much and I was just trying to work on my panning skills.
Lo and behold there was a spec in there. Since then I have found it in another local creek, way further east than most maps place gold. The creek is only suitable for a sluice after rains for most of the year so whenever we get a rain forecast my wife sees the sparkle in my eye. So I don the waders and headlamp and spend the nights in the creek. I am still working out what to say when a cop comes by and sees a guy in waders with a shovel (in a subdivision mind you) at night with a headlamp on.

You know that you really have a problem when you start thinking about chucking the cobble out of the flower bed while walking through the Walmat parking lot.

There's gold in the creek next to the Walmart here in Centennial CO so your example is not far off!

Haha that be me i lot bout the creek running through our subdivision comes down a mountain that shows alot of bedrock and the creeck is mainly bedrock

Haha that be me i thought bout the creek running through our subdivision comes down a mountain that shows alot of bedrock and the creeck is mainly bedrock

Gold Prospectings - 11 Step Program

1. Put your Gear in car
2. Go to a river
3. Grab shovel full of gravel
4. Dump gravel in pan
5. Submerge pan in river
6. Shake vigerosly
7. Wash light material off
8. Back pan
9. Check for Gold!
10. If you still have the fever go back to step 3
11. If you ever get to step Eleven you are cured…….

Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back