My name is James and I like to dig holes...

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a family reunion that took care of most of the day...got to the elementary school where I found my first gold ring last weekend and started wandering around. I found a couple of clad coins and then hit a pull tab...then another...then GOLD!:headbang: It's a local class ring from a '95 grad. Unfortunately, it had a rather tragic meeting with a mower that bent it pretty bad and shattered the stone out of it. It was about 3 inches down and rang up a 53 on the AT Pro.
crdirt.jpg crdirt2.jpg
I kept wandering around until some nice folks started hitting golf balls on the other side of the playground...being hit before, I decided it was time to vacate. I stopped at a house that my mom and step-dad are going to purchase as a rental and hit a few more coins. Stopped briefly at the local park and got a couple more. I ended up at my church that yielded my first Buffalo nickle a few weeks back. I am very careful here now since I cut a line that powers the lights on our sign...which I hit again today, but didn't cut the insulation! Stupid people buried it only about 4" down!!! Well, I hit a nice dime signal and dug up my first silver coin, a '59 Rosie (which I scuffed with the digger). I ended up with a heavy bag and $3.47 in change from 95 coins. Out of 67 cents, there was only one wheatie...but it is a 1909. unfortunately, it's not a VDB and I cannot locate a mint mark on it. I also found a junker toe ring, a piece of a guitar pin, and a piece that I originally thoought might be from a CW era fountain pen...upon looking it up, I'm not so sure now...maybe it's part of a brass whistle.
cr1019.jpgall1019.jpg1019haul.jpg

oh well...tomorrow is another day and no hunters in the fields...I might try to see if I can find some CW lead or buttons or who knows!!!

Upvote 5
Nice finds there, congrats!

Very nice bunch of goodies! Question, does your detector pick up a signal from the buried electric cable? You may want to mark that with golf tee or something. After a rain it could be a bad scene if you hit it. We need all TH'ers alive and detecting!

Msbeepbeep, I walked it today swinging slow. It should be pretty easy for me to recognize now. I mean, I've only hit it twice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back