• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    635 KB · Views: 111
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    584 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
Tdog,
There’s a frame to the right of the gun-rack -showing all vertical stemmed quartz points. If you get the chance, could you post a close-up of that frame?

Thank you

Tdog,
There’s a frame to the right of the gun-rack -showing all vertical stemmed quartz points. If you get the chance, could you post a close-up of that frame?

Thank you

Yes. Let me put up a couple I have of the ones with the white backing and I'll go take a pic of those.

The ones in the cedar frame are modern and made by Jim Hopper. Material is Oregon Jasper. The single black one in the Riker frame is modern and made by Tim Severn from California. Material is banded obsidian. The two in the other Riker frame were gifted to me, are authentic and are from a Kentucky area collection. I believe the one on the left is an Adena made of Coshocton and the right is a bi-pointed knife (possibly Adena culture also) and I think the material is Burlington.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    485.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    538.5 KB · Views: 53
Here's the one you asked about MAMucker. All finds from plowed fields on my property near Kowaliga on Lake Martin--Elmore Co. Alabama. The center piece is broken and glued. I found the tip and a few weeks later my friend Dan found the base. I believe some of these are Pickwick knives. I took two pics--one without the flash and one with it. Sorry for the glare.

Edit: I'm adding in an older pic of a few of them.

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    634.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    620.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Here's the one you asked about MAMucker. All finds from plowed fields on my property near Kowaliga on Lake Martin--Elmore Co. Alabama. The center piece is broken and glued. I found the tip and a few weeks later my friend Dan found the base. I believe some of these are Pickwick knives. I took two pics--one without the flash and one with it. Sorry for the glare.

Edit: I'm adding in an older pic of a few of them.

Those are beautiful quartz Stemmed Projectile Points. The serrations and details are incredible. The person who made them was quite skilled and had talented hands. Love them!!

The frame is stunningly simple. How the heck did you suspend those points? Glue?

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I'll delete the content of this one.

Last edited:
The frame is stunningly simple. How the heck did you suspend those points? Glue?

This is the first frame I made with the intention to put points inside and since I did it, I've discovered that it's not the best way to mount artifacts. I used a dab of 100% silicone to mount the points directly to the back of the frame. I have a few others I did the same way. Thank you for your interest.

terry, really glad to see you over here since the other side got tko'ed. awesome collection. been missing your posting and insight.

Thanks brother. I got tired of not being able to talk artifacts with like minded folks, share the things I know with them and learn new things about the rocks and ground we're all walking on. Just tryin' to fit in and be productive.

Wow absolutely awesome I have been looking for years and dont have one that Ive been able to find. Great Great job on the display really cool

Dandy collection! Nice to see stuff other than just arrowheads.(Like the atlatl mounted up high!) Got a three set in my living room too...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back