Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"my grandmother told me about this ghost town" SPRING GULLY SETTLEMENT

Hi all, when i was young, my grandmother told me stories about the Spring Gully Gold settlement.Gold was discovered in Spring Gully in 1853 and was mined here until the early 1930's.Once the gold ran out the local town of some 600 people just up and left.This place is well hidden in the bush and access is not easy.A 4 wheel drive couldn,t get into this gully and plenty of heavy under growth and hazards.The town site covers about 200 acres.There is also some 200 mine sites and other small camps to find.The total area is about 14,000 acres.most has never been MDed at all.Seems a bit sad that i have got the whole lot to myself. ;) ;) ;) Unless some-one wants to help me. ;D ;D ;D heres a few pics of today look around and i will be adding more this week.

t.p

Attachments

• aspring.jpg
    aspring.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,061
Upvote 0
Re: "my grandmother told me about this ghost town" SPRING GULLY SETTLEMENT

Best of luck with that site, Tin.

I'm very jealous as I look out my window and see a blizzard ;D

looks like a nice site to search if people lived there from 1853 until 1930s, should be plenty of coins in the ground.

You really are the MD'ing equivalent of the Energiser Bunny aren't you - another great looking site. I just may take you up on your offer one of these days since your only 755 km down the road.

Looks like an awesome place to hunt!
You could spend the rest of your life detecting there and still not cover it all!
There's gotta be some good stuff in there somewhere!

Here sovereign sovereign sovereign...... (thats my patented gold coin call!)

Have fun,
Salvager

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back