My first weekend with my first detector

B

backpacker

My first weekend of hunting landed a few items that are headed to the local historical society. The Union Glass Factory once stood on my families property so I decided to try my luck there. Shortly after hunting with my Ace 250, my first detector BTW, I found a large glass jar filled with thimbles. My father explained to me that when the sand came into the glass factory they came in fabric bags and there where employees who would stitch the bags up after use. I also found four massive wrenches, and by massive I mean these things are over 6 feet tall. They where used to close the furnace doors when melting glass. I contacted the local historical society which is almost around the corner from my parent's home and they where extemely grateful to have the items. What an awesome weekend.

Upvote 0
If that's in Syracuse, I would bet there's plenty of interesting places to detect around there. I wonder what's in place where this park used to be, seems to be an interesting little manufacturing business across from it in 1892. BTW, congrats on the excellent finds.

Attachments

• Syracuse+1892-1.jpg
    Syracuse+1892-1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 248

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back